The best of both worlds just got better with Windows® 7 and Google Android 2.2
WALNUT, Calif. - May 3, 2011 - Following its recent North American availability announcement for the ViewPad 10,ViewSonic Corp., a leading global provider of computing, consumer electronics and communications solutions, today released details on how ViewPad 10 users can update their system to Android 2.2.
The 10.1" ViewPad 10 gives users a choice between Windows 7 and Google Android within the same device, making this tablet ideal for business users looking to maximize productivity while simultaneously enjoying the device for entertainment purposes.
"The ViewPad 10 allows business users to take their desktops with them, running the same Windows-based apps they are used to on a tablet form factor," said Adam Hanin, vice president of marketing for ViewSonic Americas. "We responded to customer feedback and made available a free and easy-to-install Android 2.2 update. As additional supported code is available, we will share further updates to continue delivering on our promise of offering the best of both worlds."
Packed with a high speed Intel® Atom 1.66GHz processor and integrated 2GB of memory, the ViewPad 10 is a mobile computing powerhouse. Designed for today's business applications, the ViewPad 10 enables users to take Windows on the road, allowing access to Flash-based content and programs like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. With the Android 2.2 platform just a switch away, the ViewPad 10 is the perfect companion for those looking to work, play and share on the go. Paired with convenient features such as expandable memory, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and 1.3 megapixel built-in front camera, this dual-OS device is sure to grow with each user's professional and personal needs.
The dual-OS ViewPad 10 now ships with Android 2.2 and either Windows 7 Home Premium (with a 16GB SSD hard drive) or Windows 7 Professional (with a 32GB SSD hard drive) for respective ESPs of $599 and $679. For full instructions on updating your ViewPad 10, visit http://www.viewsonic.com/assets/113/21936.pdf or call 800-888-8583.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards