TORRANCE, Calif. -May 2, 2011 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the launch of the 450 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-684UB-the world's first ultra-high performance 450 Mbps wireless USB adapter.
The 450 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter upgrades laptop and desktop connectivity to the highest wireless performance available today. Computers purchased with integrated wireless are most often outfitted with either 150 Mbps Wireless N or even slower 54 Mbps Wireless G technology-which bottlenecks performance to 150 Mbps or 54 Mbps respectively when connecting to a 450 Mbps router. TRENDnet's TEW-684UB is the first wireless USB adapter that has the capability of connecting to a router at 450 Mbps speeds.
Advanced Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna technology with three spatial streams per antenna generates a maximum theoretical wireless throughput of 450 Mbps. Quickly connect to a 450 Mbps 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wireless network at the touch of a button, with the convenience of one-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Place the adapter in the most ergonomic location with the included three foot USB extension cable. WMM¬ģ Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes gaming, Internet calls, and video streams. LEDs on the front of the adapter convey device status.
"In the highly competitive Networking market space, it is fairly difficult to be the first to market with new technology," stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. "Thanks to the dedication of all TRENDnet employees, we have brought to market, not only the first 450 Mbps USB adapter, but also the first 450 Mbps router, 450 Mbps Ethernet adapter, and 450 Mbps access point. Now for the first time, TRENDnet gives consumers the opportunity to network all of their devices to a high speed 450 Mbps network."
The 450 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-684UB, comes with a three year limited warranty and an MSRP of U.S. $79.99.
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now