AMD Radeon E6760 GPU brings the latest desktop graphics performance and features to the medical, casino gaming, defense and aerospace markets
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -5/2/2011
Today at Embedded Systems Conference Silicon Valley 2011, AMD (NYSE: AMD) introduced the AMD Radeon E6760 embedded discrete graphics processor. Available now, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU is the first of its kind to offer embedded system designers the combination of OpenCL support1 along with support for six independent displays.
"The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU provides customers with superior business economics through long lifecycle management and product stability," said Richard Jaenicke, director of Embedded Client Business for AMD. "Embedded system designers faced with power and density constraints now have a solution that delivers the advanced 3D graphics and multimedia features they require in this performance-driven market."
"The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU secures AMD's position as a provider of the highest performance graphics processors available today for embedded devices2," said Dan Joncas, vice president of Sales, ALT Software. "With remarkable graphics performance and video support, power management functions for resource constrained devices, and OpenCL support to unlock the GPU's parallel processing capabilities, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU allows OEMs to differentiate their products from competitors by bringing new levels of performance and functionality to their embedded devices."
"AMD Fusion APUs and the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU provide significant advantages for our new line of intelligent industrial cameras," said Kristian Glode Madsen, managing director, Qtechnology A/S. "We are now able to provide a high-speed, real-time imaging system in the same form factor as a standard industrial camera with the flexibility and rich environment of Linux and OpenCL, normally only available on a PC."
"Tech Source has been successful in the embedded market with our Condor XMC product line that uses AMD's high performance graphics chips," said Selwyn L. Henriques, president, Tech Source Inc. "AMD technology has allowed us to really keep ahead of the curve in terms of both functionality and performance. Our tests have proven that the new AMD Radeon E6760 chip will significantly enhance our OpenCL/GPGPU solutions."
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enables an immersive experience with desktop-level 3D graphics and multimedia features:
- An advanced 3D graphics engine and programmable shader architecture supports Microsoft DirectX® 11 technology for superior graphics rendering.
- With an integrated frame buffer, high reliability and small footprint thermal solution, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enables designers of casino gaming, arcade and medical imaging systems to quickly deliver products with a compelling competitive edge.
- Support for OpenCL provides an industry standard interface to access the exceptional compute performance per Watt for general purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU) applications such as ultrasound, radar and video surveillance.
- Featuring multi-display support with AMD Eyefinity technology, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU supports up to six independent output displays3, HDMI 1.4 stereoscopic video and DisplayPort 1.2 for higher link speeds and simplified display connectivity.
- The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU comes with five years of planned supply availability. Technical support is provided by a dedicated team of application engineering experts.
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU can be paired with AMD's upcoming high-performance A-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APU) codenamed "Llano" to offer additional graphics capability and additional parallel computing power.
AMD's full portfolio of Embedded Products, including the AMD Embedded G-Series platform, will be on display in booth 1432 at the Embedded Systems Conference Silicon Valley in San Jose, California.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Become a certified Microsoft Office expert with this bundle
- See the cancelled Legacy of Kain game in action
- Ready At Dawn's new AAA action game to be revealed next week
- Here's everything we know about Ghost Recon Wildlands
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles