LG Optimus 2X awarded Guinness World Record
SYDNEY 2nd May, 2011 -- This month LG Electronics (LG) will make its smartphone presence felt with the launch of the first dual-core smartphone, the LG Optimus 2X, available as an unlocked handset with an RRP of $649.
The LG Optimus 2X smartphone has been confirmed by Guinness World Records as the world's First Mobile Phone to Use a Dual-core Processor. This technological leap gives the LG Optimus 2X a faster, more powerful performance, and robust multimedia entertainment features.
"The LG Optimus 2X's enhanced speed, advanced graphics and high-end features such as content mirroring through an HDMI interface are the kind of high-end features that appeal to Australian consumers looking for the very best in smartphone technology," said Nathan Dunn, General Manager of LG Mobile Communications.
The LG Optimus 2X will be available initially through Harvey Norman in May, with plans for the handset to be expanded to other retail channels via open distribution in the near future.
"Harvey Norman is excited to be working with LG to bring this great new device to the Australian market. The Optimus 2X, with its dual-core processor and range of cutting edge features, is very appealing to our customers who are always looking for the latest and best in technology," said Ben McIntosh, General Manager, Computers & Communications, Harvey Norman.
"The LG Electronics - Harvey Norman relationship spans many different product areas and we are now looking at how we jointly deliver great smartphone products to market and take advantage of the growing consumer demand in this area," McIntosh continued.
High-Speed, High-Tech Dual-Core Experience
Powered by the NVIDIA® Tegra 2 mobile dual-core CPU, the LG Optimus 2X offers clear performance improvements in web browsing and gaming, with these improvements made clearer when comparing the LG Optimus 2X to single-core smartphones running at the same clock speed. Users get all the advantages of multitasking between applications and an instantaneous touch response, along with vivid graphics and a console-like gaming experience.
Full HD Entertainment Package
The LG Optimus 2X offers a Full HD multimedia experience with 1080p video recording and playback. Optimised for connectivity and file sharing, the device features content mirroring via a Micro HDMI port, which allows content on the phone to be easily viewed on larger TVs or PC monitors with a single cable. With its gyro sensor, HDMI mirroring lets users play motion-sensitive games on larger screens and rivals the quality of today's mobile gaming consoles.
The LG Optimus 2X is one of the first mobile devices to feature 7.1 multi-channel virtual surround sound, and is the closest product to feature theatre-quality entertainment on a mobile device. Furthermore, file-sharing is made even easier with DLNA* connectivity, which lets users transfer stored content to and from compatible digital devices.
Key Features of LG Optimus 2X
NVIDIA Tegra 2 Chipset with 1GHz Dual-core Processor
1080p full HD recording and playback
Micro HDMI port for content mirroring to larger screens
4-inch Capacitive Touch IPS screen (WVGA)
8-megapixel rear camera w/ LED Flash / 1.3-megapixel front camera
7.1 multi-channel virtual surround sound
8GB internal memory
microSD memory expandability (up to 32GB)
1,500 mAh battery
Supports Adobe Flash Player 10.1
The LG Optimus 2X will be released with Android 2.2 (Froyo) with upgrade path to Android 2.3 to be advised at a later date.
Harvey Norman for launch from May 2011 and then via open distribution as an unlocked handset.
RRP - $649.00
* DLNA lets users share multimedia files from the phone to other enabled devices via WiFi and without having to connect cables. Users can send videos and photos to a suitable DLNA enabled TV or enjoy music stored on their phone through their DLNA enabled sound system. Consumers are advised to check the compatibility of their DLNA device. The streaming function will only operate when both the phone and the DLNA enabled devices are connected to the same wireless network. Certain High Definition content may not be capable of being streamed without a high speed router supporting the Wi-Fi 'n' standard
# # #
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 80,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2010 global sales of 55.8 trillion Korean won (USD 48.2 billion), LG comprises four business units - Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning and Energy Solution. LG is one of the world's leading producers of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner of Formula 1 and a Technology Partner of Formula 1. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit http://www.lg.com.
Latest News Posts
- Hangouts for iOS updated, includes redesign and increased performance
- Nintendo: Wii U failed because of the controller, and launch timing
- The Unreal Engine 4 powered 'Koola' demo is absolutely mind blowing
- Pressure is on for Apple Music, as music industry needs major help
- 7 out of 10 smartphone owners sleep with our phones really close to us
- cloning os to MZHPV256HDGL-00000
- GA-Z97X Gaming 5 + Intel QDE4
- G41M Combo DDR3 RAM not working
- Some PC-A51 watercooling questions
- Driver Errors
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive