New high-performance Patriot Torqx 2 SSDs deliver perfect balance of price and performance
FREMONT, CALIF., USA- April 28, 2011 - Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today announces the new high-performance Torqx 2 - a new SSD that delivers the perfect balance of price and performance. The Patriot Torqx 2 series enables users to boost performance of existing desktops and notebooks to achieve maximum performance with SATA II 3.0 Gb/s interfaces.
By combining a cutting-edge newSSD controller with high-performance 3x-nm NAND flash memory, the Patriot Torqx 2 SSDs achieve up to read speeds up to 270MB/s for a noticeable performance boost with daily computing tasks. Write speeds up to 230MB/s ensure the Patriot Torqx 2 series can write virtually as fast as it reads for lightning-fast software installations and large-file creation.
"We recognize there are a lot of users with desktops and notebooks that want the SSD performance experience but lack SATA III 6.0 Gb/s compatibility to fully take advantage of our higher-end drives," says Meng Jay Choo, Patriot Memory's Flash Memory Product Manager. "With the new Patriot Torqx 2 series, we are able to deliver a significant performance boost at attractive prices."
The Patriot Torqx 2 series incorporates TRIM technology to ensure the drive always maintains maximum performance with compatible operating systems.
The Patriot Torqx 2 ships this week in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities with a 2.5-inch form factor.
New Patriot Torqx 2 series SSDs
32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities
SATA II 3.0 Gb/s interface
Supports TRIM technology
Up to 270MB/s read
Up to 230MB/s write
About Patriot Memory:
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors throughout the world with operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory LLC was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- Destiny 2 confirmed for PC release
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory