Robust, flexible, and fanless, the VIA AMOS-5001 modular chassis kit provides the world's slimmest and most compact chassis design for a broad spectrum of x86 64-bit embedded computing applications
Taipei, Taiwan, 27 April 2011 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the VIA AMOS-5001, a specially designed chassis kit for Em-ITX form factor boards enabling the rapid and easy assembly of a wide variety of robust fanless embedded system designs.
Measuring just 35.2mm high and 231mm wide, the ultra-compact VIA AMOS-5001 is slim enough to fit in even the most space-constrained environment. Systems built using the VIA AMOS-5001 are also shock resistant and can withstand even the most extreme temperatures.
The VIA AMOS-5001 chassis kit features a unique modular design comprised of only four mechanical parts that ensures the easy integration of VIA EITX-3001 series mainboards. An optional 2.5" HDD storage subsystem chassis is also available.
"With the VIA AMOS-5001 we are further expanding the options we offer to embedded developers to create a wealth of unique fanless designs using less time and fewer resources," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "This is in line with our broader strategy of providing a comprehensive and flexible product ecosystem that gives our customers a clear advantage in the market."
The VIA AMOS-5001 is available now and is targeted at a wide variety of embedded segments including medical, POI/POS, digital signage, kiosk, industrial and building automation, and gaming and surveillance applications.
VIA AMOS 5001 Modular Chassis Kit
The VIA AMOS-5001 chassis kit makes it easy to assemble robust x86 embedded systems that can withstand a wide temperature range of -20°c to 55°c and are capable of sustaining a g-force of up to 50. VIA AMOS-5001 chassis are easy to assemble and maintain, utilizing only four separate mechanical parts to form a slim, robust fanless system.
The VIA AMOS-5001 chassis combines with the unique integrated heatsink design found on Em-ITX boards. The discrete aluminum heatsink has direct contact with the processor and chipset on reverse side of the board, forming a solid, robust base for chassis assembly. An optional storage compartment can also be added.
For more information about the VIA AMOS-5001 modular chassis kit please visit:
To find images of the VIA AMOS-5001, please visit:
The Em-ITX form factor is quickly maturing industry standard defined by VIA, and is 30% more compact than Mini-ITX, yet offers 200% more I/O real estate. At 12cm x 17cm, the Em-ITX form factor includes unique dual I/O coastlines and an exclusive Em-IO expansion bus to bring unrivalled flexibility and scalability.
For more information about the Em-ITX form factor, please visit:
For more information about the EITX-3001, please visit:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives