Refined Form Factor and New Features of MSI CX640 and CR640 Address Myriad of Mainstream Computing Needs
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - April 18, 2011 - MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced that it has begun shipping its mainstream CX640 and CR640 notebooks to online retailers in North America. These two 15.6" notebook units combine the Intel® Core i3-2310M Processor with the NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M with Optimus technology (the silver CX640-071US, MSRP $679.99) or the Intel HD 3000 Graphics (the black CR640-035US, MSRP $629.99) to deliver the power and performance you need for school or for work.
To address the needs of mainstream notebook users, MSI offers 4GB system memory and 500GB hard drives in both models. Additionally, the elegantly designed PCs include a number of features, including:
Worry free one-touch back-up and restore with MSI's Time Stamp technology. With just a touch of the Time Stamp button, your concerns about crashes, viruses, and data loss will become a thing of the past
Butterfingers rejoice! MSI designers integrated extra hard drive protection by changing the position of the C Series hard drive to the middle of the chassis and surrounding it in a unique housing that helps protect your data from the occasional drop or shock.
In a hurry? The MSI CR640 and CX640 Fast Boot technology helps the unit power up approximately two times faster than standard notebooks.
Speed up your file transfers with USB 3.0. The new C Series laptops comes equipped with two USB 3.0 ports that lets you transfer files up to ten times faster than USB 2.0
Automatic backlight adjustment tailors screen brightness by considering the lighting in your current surroundings, which helps manage power consumption and battery life.
"We listen very carefully to our customers, and we know that anticipating and addressing their needs is critical to success in the PC industry," noted Andy Tung, vice president of sales for MSI US. "The CX640 and CR640 models deliver the standard elements people look for in a PC- performance, price, features and design - however we also go a step further. These units incorporate features that respond to people's real-life concerns: data backup, hard drive protection, etc. And we believe consumers will respond to this consideration."
Specs for the CR640 and CX640 notebooks can be found here: http://www.msimobile.com/level2_productlist.aspx?id=100 and the units are available for purchase at B&H and J&R. For more information, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/
Founded in 1986, MSI manufactures and markets a wide array of consumer electronic products, from Notebook PC, All-in-One PC, to a variety of components including IPC, Server, Motherboard and Graphics Card. The company runs operations worldwide and employs approximately 14,000 people. MSI's North American operating subsidiary is based in City of Industry, Calif.
MSI's corporate commitment to innovation and style - as it relates to both technology and design, and as it's applied to both components and the final computing device - supports its mission to meet the needs of consumers worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent