Refined Form Factor and New Features of MSI CX640 and CR640 Address Myriad of Mainstream Computing Needs
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - April 18, 2011 - MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced that it has begun shipping its mainstream CX640 and CR640 notebooks to online retailers in North America. These two 15.6" notebook units combine the Intel® Core i3-2310M Processor with the NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M with Optimus technology (the silver CX640-071US, MSRP $679.99) or the Intel HD 3000 Graphics (the black CR640-035US, MSRP $629.99) to deliver the power and performance you need for school or for work.
To address the needs of mainstream notebook users, MSI offers 4GB system memory and 500GB hard drives in both models. Additionally, the elegantly designed PCs include a number of features, including:
Worry free one-touch back-up and restore with MSI's Time Stamp technology. With just a touch of the Time Stamp button, your concerns about crashes, viruses, and data loss will become a thing of the past
Butterfingers rejoice! MSI designers integrated extra hard drive protection by changing the position of the C Series hard drive to the middle of the chassis and surrounding it in a unique housing that helps protect your data from the occasional drop or shock.
In a hurry? The MSI CR640 and CX640 Fast Boot technology helps the unit power up approximately two times faster than standard notebooks.
Speed up your file transfers with USB 3.0. The new C Series laptops comes equipped with two USB 3.0 ports that lets you transfer files up to ten times faster than USB 2.0
Automatic backlight adjustment tailors screen brightness by considering the lighting in your current surroundings, which helps manage power consumption and battery life.
"We listen very carefully to our customers, and we know that anticipating and addressing their needs is critical to success in the PC industry," noted Andy Tung, vice president of sales for MSI US. "The CX640 and CR640 models deliver the standard elements people look for in a PC- performance, price, features and design - however we also go a step further. These units incorporate features that respond to people's real-life concerns: data backup, hard drive protection, etc. And we believe consumers will respond to this consideration."
Specs for the CR640 and CX640 notebooks can be found here: http://www.msimobile.com/level2_productlist.aspx?id=100 and the units are available for purchase at B&H and J&R. For more information, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/
Founded in 1986, MSI manufactures and markets a wide array of consumer electronic products, from Notebook PC, All-in-One PC, to a variety of components including IPC, Server, Motherboard and Graphics Card. The company runs operations worldwide and employs approximately 14,000 people. MSI's North American operating subsidiary is based in City of Industry, Calif.
MSI's corporate commitment to innovation and style - as it relates to both technology and design, and as it's applied to both components and the final computing device - supports its mission to meet the needs of consumers worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- WikiLeaks says the United States spied on Japan, a close Asian ally
- 3 Reasons This Game Developer Bundle Is a Beginner's Dream
- Destiny: The Taken King's game zone is a cyclopean Hive ship
- Use Meerkat to stream live video footage from your GoPro
- Hackers hijacking your webcam and finding ways to profit from it
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia