Refined Form Factor and New Features of MSI CX640 and CR640 Address Myriad of Mainstream Computing Needs
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - April 18, 2011 - MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced that it has begun shipping its mainstream CX640 and CR640 notebooks to online retailers in North America. These two 15.6" notebook units combine the Intel® Core i3-2310M Processor with the NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M with Optimus technology (the silver CX640-071US, MSRP $679.99) or the Intel HD 3000 Graphics (the black CR640-035US, MSRP $629.99) to deliver the power and performance you need for school or for work.
To address the needs of mainstream notebook users, MSI offers 4GB system memory and 500GB hard drives in both models. Additionally, the elegantly designed PCs include a number of features, including:
Worry free one-touch back-up and restore with MSI's Time Stamp technology. With just a touch of the Time Stamp button, your concerns about crashes, viruses, and data loss will become a thing of the past
Butterfingers rejoice! MSI designers integrated extra hard drive protection by changing the position of the C Series hard drive to the middle of the chassis and surrounding it in a unique housing that helps protect your data from the occasional drop or shock.
In a hurry? The MSI CR640 and CX640 Fast Boot technology helps the unit power up approximately two times faster than standard notebooks.
Speed up your file transfers with USB 3.0. The new C Series laptops comes equipped with two USB 3.0 ports that lets you transfer files up to ten times faster than USB 2.0
Automatic backlight adjustment tailors screen brightness by considering the lighting in your current surroundings, which helps manage power consumption and battery life.
"We listen very carefully to our customers, and we know that anticipating and addressing their needs is critical to success in the PC industry," noted Andy Tung, vice president of sales for MSI US. "The CX640 and CR640 models deliver the standard elements people look for in a PC- performance, price, features and design - however we also go a step further. These units incorporate features that respond to people's real-life concerns: data backup, hard drive protection, etc. And we believe consumers will respond to this consideration."
Specs for the CR640 and CX640 notebooks can be found here: http://www.msimobile.com/level2_productlist.aspx?id=100 and the units are available for purchase at B&H and J&R. For more information, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/
Founded in 1986, MSI manufactures and markets a wide array of consumer electronic products, from Notebook PC, All-in-One PC, to a variety of components including IPC, Server, Motherboard and Graphics Card. The company runs operations worldwide and employs approximately 14,000 people. MSI's North American operating subsidiary is based in City of Industry, Calif.
MSI's corporate commitment to innovation and style - as it relates to both technology and design, and as it's applied to both components and the final computing device - supports its mission to meet the needs of consumers worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines