New QMobile V1.1 App Enables QNAP NAS Owners to Enjoy Their Entire Media Library Anywhere; Includes Optimized iPad Support
Taipei, Taiwan, April, 2011 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world-class Networked Attached Storage (NAS), NVR Video Surveillance Systems, and Networked Media Players announced today an important update to its popular QMobile application; the world's first multimedia player solution for Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch mobile devices. The new QMobile application V1.1 allows users to remotely connect to their QNAP Turbo NAS servers and view photos, music, and video files via 3G/4G cell networks or a Wi-Fi connection.
With new V1.1 of the QMobile app, Apple's iOS 4 is now fully supported, giving QMobile users new multitasking capabilities. For example, music playback won't be interrupted when other tasks are started. Long gone are the days of waiting to return home to upload videos! Saved or newly captured videos can be uploaded from their Apple devices to the NAS to be shared with family and friends immediately. In addition, playlists can be personalized from the mobile devices to create a listening experience suited to a user's mood on the fly. Photo viewing is also enhanced with V1.1. Provided the stored photos supports giving the location of a captured picture, with EXIF and the native Maps app, you can pinpoint the exact location of where the picture was captured. With the V1.1 update, QMobile is now a more robust application with new capabilities sure to delight QNAP Turbo NAS owners.
What's new in QMobile V1.1*
Native iPad support
Supports EXIF & Google Map for photos
Supports iOS4 multitasking (background mode)
Supports "Now Playing" for music
Paging for iPhone and iPod touch (50 entries/page)
Enhanced Playlist editor
Instantly upload videos to a Turbo NAS
Single folder downloading (excluding subfolders)
*Note: To use QMobile V1.1, you must have an Apple iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad running iOS 4, and your QNAP Turbo NAS server must have V3.4 or higher NAS management firmware installed.
QNAP's QMobile app V1.1 for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch is currently available for free download from the App Store
(http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/qmobile/id355826920?mt=8). For more information about the QMobile app, V3.4 NAS management firmware, or QNAP's exciting lineup of Turbo NAS servers, please visit http://www.qnap.com
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront screenshots in 4K look absolutely incredible
- Stealing keys through the help of 3D printing is a possibility
- Sharkoon offers a mouse and bungee with USB hub for under $55
- SMITE launching Xbox One beta soon with Australian servers too
- Australians can now see a doctor through video link thanks to Telstra
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Intel Core i7-5775C 3.3GHz Broadwell LGA-1150 CPU Performance Overview
- D-Link DCS-935L HD Wi-Fi Camera Review
- Problem with Overclocking
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors