New QMobile V1.1 App Enables QNAP NAS Owners to Enjoy Their Entire Media Library Anywhere; Includes Optimized iPad Support
Taipei, Taiwan, April, 2011 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world-class Networked Attached Storage (NAS), NVR Video Surveillance Systems, and Networked Media Players announced today an important update to its popular QMobile application; the world's first multimedia player solution for Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch mobile devices. The new QMobile application V1.1 allows users to remotely connect to their QNAP Turbo NAS servers and view photos, music, and video files via 3G/4G cell networks or a Wi-Fi connection.
With new V1.1 of the QMobile app, Apple's iOS 4 is now fully supported, giving QMobile users new multitasking capabilities. For example, music playback won't be interrupted when other tasks are started. Long gone are the days of waiting to return home to upload videos! Saved or newly captured videos can be uploaded from their Apple devices to the NAS to be shared with family and friends immediately. In addition, playlists can be personalized from the mobile devices to create a listening experience suited to a user's mood on the fly. Photo viewing is also enhanced with V1.1. Provided the stored photos supports giving the location of a captured picture, with EXIF and the native Maps app, you can pinpoint the exact location of where the picture was captured. With the V1.1 update, QMobile is now a more robust application with new capabilities sure to delight QNAP Turbo NAS owners.
What's new in QMobile V1.1*
Native iPad support
Supports EXIF & Google Map for photos
Supports iOS4 multitasking (background mode)
Supports "Now Playing" for music
Paging for iPhone and iPod touch (50 entries/page)
Enhanced Playlist editor
Instantly upload videos to a Turbo NAS
Single folder downloading (excluding subfolders)
*Note: To use QMobile V1.1, you must have an Apple iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad running iOS 4, and your QNAP Turbo NAS server must have V3.4 or higher NAS management firmware installed.
QNAP's QMobile app V1.1 for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch is currently available for free download from the App Store
(http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/qmobile/id355826920?mt=8). For more information about the QMobile app, V3.4 NAS management firmware, or QNAP's exciting lineup of Turbo NAS servers, please visit http://www.qnap.com
Latest News Posts
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015