MobileNavigator Version 1.8 also Delivers the Latest NAVTEQ Maps and a Traffic Check Function
Sydney, Australia, April 14, 2010-NAVIGON AG, a leading provider of mobile phone on-board navigation, today announced the availability of the eighth update for its iPhone app, MobileNavigator, the most feature-rich navigation solution on the iOS platform. The update adds a Reality Scanner feature that helps finding points of interest close-by, presenting them in an augmented reality view. Version 1.8 also includes Truck and Caravan Navigation as an In App Purchase, an easy to read Traffic gauge and a new NAVTEQ map. In conjunction with the update launch, NAVIGON MobileNavigator Australia has been reduced by $30, along with the Traffic Live In App purchase being reduced $10, until April 28, 2011.
"In its eighth version, MobileNavigator delivers over 20 new features since our launch almost two years ago, helping drivers navigate stress-free through even some of the most challenging situations on the road." said Gerhard Mayr, vice-president worldwide mobile phone business, NAVIGON. "MobileNavigator not only provides accurate directions but acts as a travel assistant with many industry first features. The new Reality Scanner function provides an innovative way of displaying points of interest close-by. Instead of showing them on the map, the feature projects them onto a real-time camera view."
MobileNavigator 1.8 New Features:
- Reality Scanner is an industry first augmented reality feature for the iOS platform, providing an instant and effortless way of identifying destinations close-by. Users simply point the iPhone in any direction from where they are and instantly points of interest icons appear directly onto a live camera view, indicating the exact position of the location. Pedestrians won't miss a beat while they are on foot, in a couple of taps destinations such as restaurants, bars, hotels, and more are at their fingertips. Reality Scanner provides this information immediately, providing a quick overview of the immediate surroundings.
- Truck and Caravan Navigation turns the NAVIGON app into an ideal companion for truck and RV drivers. Via an In App Purchase, users can now get the new Truck and Caravan navigation features for $79.99. The Truck and Caravan navigation will only suggest routes that are suitable for bigger vehicles. Users can create an individual profile by entering length, height and weight of their vehicle. When calculating a route, the system will automatically leave out roads that are too tight or have bridges that are too low.
- Traffic Check is an easy to read, at-a-glance gauge graphic that appears after route calculation and gives drivers a general snapshot of traffic conditions around them. Powered by Suna Traffic, the traffic gauge pop-up informs with a green, yellow, and red meter and disappears within a few seconds. If more detailed traffic coverage and alternate routes are needed for users who are not already using the built-in Traffic Live feature, a direct link to the In-App Purchase is provided within the graphic. By tapping the "i", the metre will flip directly to the apps extra menu where the In App Purchase can be made.
- Updated Map by the leading map provider NAVTEQ.
- Future Version Benefits NAVIGON is currently working on some major additions for MobileNavigator and only those who have this latest version are eligible to take advantage of the benefits in the next version.
MobileNavigator transforms the iPhone and iPad 3G into a comprehensive navigation device, comparable to standalone units. The app helps drivers to arrive stress-free and on time with spoken directions and a unique combination of advanced driving guidance. Features include lane assistance, traffic rerouting, parking options, weather information and much more. By providing directions even in areas without a cell or wireless signal, and the latest NAVTEQ maps saved on the phone, the app always has you covered. It is the most feature rich on-board navigation application and a top-grossing app several times in 29 different App Stores around the globe.
Pricing and Availability
MobileNavigator Australia: $59.99 instead of $89.99
MobileNavigator New Zealand: $64.99 instead of $84.99
In App Purchases
Truck and Caravan Navigation AUS: $79.99
Traffic Live AUS: $19.99 instead of $29.99
Panorama View 3D: $9.99
MobileNavigator 1.8.0 is compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G iPad 3G and iPad 2 3G. The app also runs on first generation iPhone and iPod Touch, but third party accessories for GPS reception are required for these devices. *iOS multitasking is supported by the iPhone 4 and 3GS only.
For more information, please visit: http://www.navigon.com/iphone
Latest News Posts
- Alien: Isolation 2 isn't happening after all
- Call of Duty WWII features Nazi Zombies story co-op mode
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Stardock: Switch doesn't really need third-party games
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter