40-pin and 44-pin IDE DOMs Offer Extreme Reliability in Capacities from 8GB to 64GB
Fremont, California - April 12, 2011 - Active Media Products, a world leading manufacturer of DOMs and small form factor SSDs, today announced eight new low-profile IDE DOMs for server, industrial and embedded computing applications in capacities from 8GB to 64GB.
AMP's new Type-3 and Type-4 IDE / PATA DOMs are both designed in a low-profile orientation to fit into very tight enclosures. Both types are available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. Type-3 models have an industry standard 40-pin female IDE connector, and Type-4 models have an industry standard 44-pin female IDE connector. These two new types give AMP a complete line of IDE DOMs.
All these IDE DOMs are based on reliable NAND Flash. The new Type-3 and Type-4 IDE DOMs include a write protection switch, which adds an extra level of security against viruses, file corruption, or inadvertent file deletion which could cause a failure of the embedded system. This improves field reliability of embedded computers and helps reduce maintenance costs. Jerry Thomson, Active Media Products VP of Sales, said in a statement, "These products show AMPs leadership and continued commitment to developing extremely small and reliable embedded storage solutions " All these products are available now directly from ActiveMP.com. Approximate pricing is as follows: 8GB - $65; 16GB - $85; 32GB - $160; 64GB $325.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC was founded in 2008 to develop advanced new storage products that improve performance and reliability while enhancing the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a world leader in DOMs and small form factor SSDs.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair