New Addonics Storage Device Lets You Install Six CF or CFast Cards in One 5 1/4-inch Drive Bay
SAN JOSE, CA (April 11, 2011) -- Addonics Technologies (www.addonics.com) today announced the CF/CFast Drive, which lets you create a solid state drive with a high speed SATA interface by simply using any CF card or a high speed CFast card.
The CF/CFast Drive can be installed into a standard 5 1/4" drive bay of a desktop or rack mounted system to accommodate up to six CF/CFast media. The media can be configured as six independent drives or combined into a RAID group to form a large capacity, high performing solid state drive.
Any of the six media slots can be used as an internal storage application so that the media cannot be accessible from outside the system. This flexibility enables the CF/CFast drive to be used as a bootable storage device, as six removable drives or as a combination of a boot drive and removable storage -- all inside a 5 1/4" drive bay.
The six media slots in CF/CFast drive are highly customizable. The CF or CFast media can be mixed and matched and any of the slots can be converted into an internal flash drive slot to prevent the media from being accessible outside the system.
Four models are available. One is for CF media and the other for CFast media. The other two have a built-in hardware port multiplier for either CF or CFast, which supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 10, JBOD, Clone Mode (N-Way Mirror) or individual drives.
Prices range from $135-$199.
The new Addonics products are a complete solution for adding solid state storage for better performance, lower power consumption and improving the durability in computing environments with frequent shocks and vibrations. The company also sells Addonics-brand CFast media in 4-8-16-32 MB capacities.
For more information, visit the web site at http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/cf_cfast_drive.asp
Addonics Technologies Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets a broad line of internal/external and mobile storage products. Addonics products are available through the company online store http://www.shopaddonics.com, major catalog companies, resellers, VARs and distributors, including Amazon.com, PC Connection, CDW, Buy.com, Provantage.com, Insight, and Ingram Micro.
Latest News Posts
- Sony announces 'the thinnest 4K LCD TV' at just 4.9mm thick
- Facebook's News Feed will soon feature 360-degree spherical videos
- Apple's new iPhone rumored to feature next-gen camera technology
- Russia teases new trans-Siberian highway from New York to London
- Intel veteran leaves the chip maker after 33 years
- Using two different ram kits together
- Sentey Lumenata Pro Gamer Series Mouse Review
- Potentially Different - No video On Startup Issue
- Z77 Extreme6 - SATA3_A2 works but eSATA3 does not
- AsRock FM2A88X Ext6+ onboard DVI+HDMI problem
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi