Opera reaches (another) 100 million users
Oslo, Norway - April 7, 2011
Opera Software today tinkered in its giant statistics machine and found that Opera Mini reached 100 million monthly users in March and two billion daily page views - new peaks for the world's most used mobile browser.
"Sweeeet!" said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software.
Hold the phone: didn't Opera just announce 100 million mobile users two months ago? They sure did; though that number represented the combined total for both its mobile browsers, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile. Now, Opera Mini has rocketed ahead to 100 million users in its own right.
The number of monthly Opera Mini users across the globe has grown by 11 million since February 2011 and doubled from the 50 million mark celebrated in February 2010.
Opera Mini's twin March milestone, two billion daily page views, already doubles the one billion daily page views achieved in July 2010.
About Opera Mini
The Opera Mini mobile browser works on more than 3000 different mobile phone models, from basic feature phones to high-end smartphones. The unique Opera Mini technology compresses web content by up to 90 percent before sending it to the phone, resulting in faster page loading and lower browsing costs. It shares many features with Opera's browsers for computers, including tabbed browsing, password manager, bookmarks and Speed Dial. Opera Mini is the world's most popular browser and available as a free download from m.opera.com.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis