OWC Introduces Mount Pro 2.5" Drive Sled For Adding Any 2.5" SATA Drive To 2009-2010 Apple Mac Pro
$24.99 powder coated aircraft grade aluminum bracket with lifetime warranty offers easy addition of 2.5" hard disk drive or Solid State Drive to Apple Mac Pro 'Nehalem' & 'Westmere' models
April 7, 2011 Woodstock, IL -- Other World Computing (OWC®) http://www.macsales.com, a leading zero emissions Mac® and PC technology company today announced the OWC Mount Pro drive sled for adding any 2.5" Serial ATA (SATA) hard disk drive or Solid State Drive (SSD) to 2009 and later Apple Mac Pro 'Nehalem' & 'Westmere' models. Manufactured with the highest quality processes and materials including powder coated aircraft grade aluminum, the $24.99 MSRP bracket comes backed by a lifetime warranty.
Offers Plug & Play Addition Of Performance Boosting OWC SSD
Mac Pro owners seeking to dramatically increase system performance can use the Mount Pro to add one of the fastest SSDs on the market, the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD, and experience data rates up to 285MB/s. The bracket comes with four drive mounting screws and replaces an existing 3.5" drive tray. The OWC Mount Pro perfectly aligns the SATA connector on the mounted 2.5" drive into the back plane SATA ports on the Mac Pro.
Looks And Runs Cool
With a highly durable blue powder coated finish, the OWC Mount Pro looks great while also offering at a glance verification of which Mac Pro drive bays contain 2.5" form factor drives. The open design of the Mount Pro aids in drive heat dissipation.
Proclaimed The "Best Solution" By Leading Mac Performance Site
Leading Mac testing and benchmarking site, MacPerformancGuide.com, called the OWC Mount Pro "By far the best mounting solution yet for installing up to four 2.5" drives into a Mac Pro. The sled bolts the drive in securely and allows far superior air flow to any other design." To read the complete review comments, visit:
Immediately Available At $24.99, SSDs Available From $99.97
The OWC Mount Pro is immediately available priced at $24.99 MSRP from Other World Computing at http://www.macsales.com. It is compatible with all 2009 and later Apple Mac Pros with Model ID 4,1 and 5,1. For more information on the OWC Mount Pro, visit:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/MMP35T25/ For more information on OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSDs, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/internal_storage/Mercury_Extreme_SSD_Sandforce
For more information on nearly 200 upgrades and accessories from OWC for the Apple Mac Pro, visit:
"These high quality brackets really make adding a 2.5" drive to a 2009 and later Mac Pro Plug and Play easy," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "When you consider the dramatic results adding an OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD to a Mac Pro can achieve, the OWC Mount Pro is really the key to unlocking Mac Pro performance."
About Other World Computing (OWC)
Other World Computing (OWC) has been providing quality hardware products and support to the computer industry since 1988 and features one of the largest online catalogs of computer, iPod®, iPhone®, and iPad® enhancement products through its e-commerce portal http://www.macsales.com. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also provides extensive US based technical support for Macintosh users around the world as well as Internet access via http://www.fastermac.net and http://www.owc.net
Latest News Posts
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card