MSI R6790 Packs Over Voltage Function to Offer Up to 25% Overclocking Potential
MSI, the world-renowned graphics card and motherboard manufacturer, officially releases the latest R6790-2PM2D1GD5 graphics card based on AMD's next-generation Barts GPU core utilizing the 40 nm manufacturing process and 1GB GDDR5 memory. The R6790-2PM2D1GD5 is equipped with MSI's exclusive Afterburner overclocking software that supports GPU over-voltage, offering up to 25% more overclocking potential!
The MSI R6790-2PM2D1GD5 is equipped with stereoscopic 3D capability and has the ability to output video to four displays from a single card via AMD's Eyefinity technology. The heatpipes directly contact the GPU head spreader, and coupled with 9cm PWM fans this exclusive thermal design provides 50% more cooling efficiency when compare to reference design. An All-Solid Capacitor design ensures a long lifespan and stability under extreme operating conditions.
Exclusive Afterburner Software Support Core Voltage Adjustment
GPU over-voltage is supported on the R6790-2PM2D1GD5 from MSI's exclusive Afterburner overclocking software, providing up to 25% increased core clock that breaks through the limitations of the graphics card. The latest Kombustor V2.0 testing function supports overclocking stability bench testing. In addition, users can even save up to 5 OC profiles of their own for gaming, productivity and entertainment. Afterburner also supports multi-GPU mode and helps monitor the GPU temperature and fan speed for power users to have total control over their graphics cards The Predator in-game video capture function is available at no extra charge; gamers can now capturing all of their most classic moments in their favorite games and share them online using sites like YouTube.
Support for next-generation 3D format and AMD Eyefinity
The R6790-2PM2D1GD5 is equipped with the AMD-exclusive Eyefinity Technology for multi-display, supporting up to four screens*. DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4a (which support 3D video and 7.1-channel lossless TrueHD and DTS-HD audio formats) help provide consumers with the most exciting audio/visual fun.
Three heatpipes with 9cm PWM fan thermal design
MSI R6790-2PM2D1GD5 adopts three pure copper heatpipes that directly contact the GPU heat spreader for faster GPU heat dissipation. It also uses a 9cm PWM fan to provide more airflow, enhancing thermal performance. In addition, the oversized heatsink transfers the heat away from the GPU instantaneously, allowing a 50% thermal efficiency increase when compared with the reference design.
All-Solid Caps for High Performance and Long Life
The MSI R6790-2PM2D1GD5 graphics card makes no compromises with its components and uses only all-solid capacitors. In addition to a super-long lifespan, it is also capable of maintaining peak stability under high loads, providing the best user experience and product quality.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Elon Musk gets approval to build NYC-DC Hyperloop
- N64 Mini hinted by new Nintendo trademark
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4