Apacer Announces AC230 USB 3.0 External HDD
Apacer is proud to announce the launch of the new AC230 USB 3.0 external HDD (hard disk drive). With read and write speed up to 92 MB and 85 MB per second, the newly unveiled AC230 is three times faster than USB 2.0 equivalent models, giving you a boost in performance while backing up all quantities of data and media files, without the hassle of waiting.
With the increasing popularity of high-resolution videos and digital photography, storage requirements for backing up, storing and sharing data can amount to hundreds of GBs. The same can be said about the outrageous expected wait times for handling such important tasks. The Apacer AC230 External HDD, however, exhibits a top data transfer rate of up to 92 MB/s for reading and 85 MB/s for writing, taking only 4 minutes to transfer a 20 GB high-resolution video.
In contrast to the 12 minutes it usually takes with a USB 2.0 hard drive, the AC230 HDD remarkably outperforms conventional USB 2.0 drives by shortening transmission time by three times! This impressive capability makes Apacer proud to say that "while USB 3.0 interface improves data transfer rates and saves consumers time, it is still priced high. Only the Apacer AC230 External HDD addresses the need for both the best transfer speed and an affordable price, making it the best choice on the market."
Smart Power Management
With its built-in smart power management that works hand in hand with a computer's operating system, the Apacer AC230 External HDD automatically runs in energy-saving mode. When the drive is idle for 10 minutes, the Apacer AC230 goes into power-saving mode to effectively reduce power consumption, resulting in a prolonged life for the hard drive. What's more, embracing USB 3.0 standards and being fully backward-compatible with USB 2.0 interface, the Apacer AC230 sports a dual-color LED that indicates whether the current transfer interface is USB 2.0 or 3.0 by flashing red or blue, respectively, thus keeping the user informed in real time about the status of the hard drive.
Intelligent Backup: Protecting Your Digital Life
The Apacer AC230 features a one-touch backup function that enables users to back up critical data, personal information, and one's precious life memories captured in media files with just a single click. This key feature not only makes backing up ultimately simple, but also allows for instantaneous duplication of files, both of which can be stored safely in the user's specified file locations. In addition, even more protection of your digital life is provided by PCClone EX Lite, a graphical user-interface backup utility that allows you to configure your personal backup preferences easily, making data recovery after an unexpected system crash fast and effective.
HDD Interface 2.5" SATA HDD
Capacities 500 GB/ 640 GB/750 GB
Interface USB 3.0 (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
Max Transfer Speed USB 2.0 interface: up to 480 Mbps
USB 3.0 interface: up to 5 Gbps
Read/Write Performance Read: up to 92 MB/s - Write: up to 85 MB/s
HDD Rotational Speed/ Cache 5400 RPM/8M
LED Light for power on, flashing for data access: red for USB 2.0; blue for USB 3.0
Software PCClone EX Lite: for data backup (System support: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7)
System Requirements USB 3.0: Windows XP/Vista/7 & Linux Kernel 2.63 or above
USB 2.0: Windows XP/ME/2000/Vista/7; Mac OS X 10.3 or above; Linux Kernel 2.4 or above
Certifications CE; FCC; BSMI
Dimensions/Weight (L) 124 x (W) 80 x (H) 14mm; 143g (with HDD)
Package Contents USB cable; User's Guide
Latest News Posts
- NCSoft expanding desktop and mobile games into western world
- Buying a new car? Enjoy Apple CarPlay or Google Android Auto
- Hackers finding innovative ways to commit identity theft
- Verizon wants to be well prepared for the ongoing IoT evolution
- PC manufacturers could receive Microsoft Windows 10 starting in July
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award
- Lenovo Sets Vision for Future Ecosystem of Connected Devices at Global Tech World Conference
- Lian Li to Showcase Two Updated Desk Chassis Models At COMPUTEX 2015