Apacer Announces AC230 USB 3.0 External HDD
Apacer is proud to announce the launch of the new AC230 USB 3.0 external HDD (hard disk drive). With read and write speed up to 92 MB and 85 MB per second, the newly unveiled AC230 is three times faster than USB 2.0 equivalent models, giving you a boost in performance while backing up all quantities of data and media files, without the hassle of waiting.
With the increasing popularity of high-resolution videos and digital photography, storage requirements for backing up, storing and sharing data can amount to hundreds of GBs. The same can be said about the outrageous expected wait times for handling such important tasks. The Apacer AC230 External HDD, however, exhibits a top data transfer rate of up to 92 MB/s for reading and 85 MB/s for writing, taking only 4 minutes to transfer a 20 GB high-resolution video.
In contrast to the 12 minutes it usually takes with a USB 2.0 hard drive, the AC230 HDD remarkably outperforms conventional USB 2.0 drives by shortening transmission time by three times! This impressive capability makes Apacer proud to say that "while USB 3.0 interface improves data transfer rates and saves consumers time, it is still priced high. Only the Apacer AC230 External HDD addresses the need for both the best transfer speed and an affordable price, making it the best choice on the market."
Smart Power Management
With its built-in smart power management that works hand in hand with a computer's operating system, the Apacer AC230 External HDD automatically runs in energy-saving mode. When the drive is idle for 10 minutes, the Apacer AC230 goes into power-saving mode to effectively reduce power consumption, resulting in a prolonged life for the hard drive. What's more, embracing USB 3.0 standards and being fully backward-compatible with USB 2.0 interface, the Apacer AC230 sports a dual-color LED that indicates whether the current transfer interface is USB 2.0 or 3.0 by flashing red or blue, respectively, thus keeping the user informed in real time about the status of the hard drive.
Intelligent Backup: Protecting Your Digital Life
The Apacer AC230 features a one-touch backup function that enables users to back up critical data, personal information, and one's precious life memories captured in media files with just a single click. This key feature not only makes backing up ultimately simple, but also allows for instantaneous duplication of files, both of which can be stored safely in the user's specified file locations. In addition, even more protection of your digital life is provided by PCClone EX Lite, a graphical user-interface backup utility that allows you to configure your personal backup preferences easily, making data recovery after an unexpected system crash fast and effective.
HDD Interface 2.5" SATA HDD
Capacities 500 GB/ 640 GB/750 GB
Interface USB 3.0 (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
Max Transfer Speed USB 2.0 interface: up to 480 Mbps
USB 3.0 interface: up to 5 Gbps
Read/Write Performance Read: up to 92 MB/s - Write: up to 85 MB/s
HDD Rotational Speed/ Cache 5400 RPM/8M
LED Light for power on, flashing for data access: red for USB 2.0; blue for USB 3.0
Software PCClone EX Lite: for data backup (System support: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7)
System Requirements USB 3.0: Windows XP/Vista/7 & Linux Kernel 2.63 or above
USB 2.0: Windows XP/ME/2000/Vista/7; Mac OS X 10.3 or above; Linux Kernel 2.4 or above
Certifications CE; FCC; BSMI
Dimensions/Weight (L) 124 x (W) 80 x (H) 14mm; 143g (with HDD)
Package Contents USB cable; User's Guide
Latest News Posts
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- I am the new guy
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20