Apacer Announces AC230 USB 3.0 External HDD
Apacer is proud to announce the launch of the new AC230 USB 3.0 external HDD (hard disk drive). With read and write speed up to 92 MB and 85 MB per second, the newly unveiled AC230 is three times faster than USB 2.0 equivalent models, giving you a boost in performance while backing up all quantities of data and media files, without the hassle of waiting.
With the increasing popularity of high-resolution videos and digital photography, storage requirements for backing up, storing and sharing data can amount to hundreds of GBs. The same can be said about the outrageous expected wait times for handling such important tasks. The Apacer AC230 External HDD, however, exhibits a top data transfer rate of up to 92 MB/s for reading and 85 MB/s for writing, taking only 4 minutes to transfer a 20 GB high-resolution video.
In contrast to the 12 minutes it usually takes with a USB 2.0 hard drive, the AC230 HDD remarkably outperforms conventional USB 2.0 drives by shortening transmission time by three times! This impressive capability makes Apacer proud to say that "while USB 3.0 interface improves data transfer rates and saves consumers time, it is still priced high. Only the Apacer AC230 External HDD addresses the need for both the best transfer speed and an affordable price, making it the best choice on the market."
Smart Power Management
With its built-in smart power management that works hand in hand with a computer's operating system, the Apacer AC230 External HDD automatically runs in energy-saving mode. When the drive is idle for 10 minutes, the Apacer AC230 goes into power-saving mode to effectively reduce power consumption, resulting in a prolonged life for the hard drive. What's more, embracing USB 3.0 standards and being fully backward-compatible with USB 2.0 interface, the Apacer AC230 sports a dual-color LED that indicates whether the current transfer interface is USB 2.0 or 3.0 by flashing red or blue, respectively, thus keeping the user informed in real time about the status of the hard drive.
Intelligent Backup: Protecting Your Digital Life
The Apacer AC230 features a one-touch backup function that enables users to back up critical data, personal information, and one's precious life memories captured in media files with just a single click. This key feature not only makes backing up ultimately simple, but also allows for instantaneous duplication of files, both of which can be stored safely in the user's specified file locations. In addition, even more protection of your digital life is provided by PCClone EX Lite, a graphical user-interface backup utility that allows you to configure your personal backup preferences easily, making data recovery after an unexpected system crash fast and effective.
HDD Interface 2.5" SATA HDD
Capacities 500 GB/ 640 GB/750 GB
Interface USB 3.0 (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
Max Transfer Speed USB 2.0 interface: up to 480 Mbps
USB 3.0 interface: up to 5 Gbps
Read/Write Performance Read: up to 92 MB/s - Write: up to 85 MB/s
HDD Rotational Speed/ Cache 5400 RPM/8M
LED Light for power on, flashing for data access: red for USB 2.0; blue for USB 3.0
Software PCClone EX Lite: for data backup (System support: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7)
System Requirements USB 3.0: Windows XP/Vista/7 & Linux Kernel 2.63 or above
USB 2.0: Windows XP/ME/2000/Vista/7; Mac OS X 10.3 or above; Linux Kernel 2.4 or above
Certifications CE; FCC; BSMI
Dimensions/Weight (L) 124 x (W) 80 x (H) 14mm; 143g (with HDD)
Package Contents USB cable; User's Guide
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls III has a beautifully dramatic opening cinematic
- Google might be planning on launching new VR headset later this year
- MSI launches GT72S G Tobii gaming laptop with eye-tracking, GTX 980M
- MIT chip promises to bring neural-networks to your mobile phone
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance