Hynix Introduces High Performance DDR4 DRAM
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. ('Hynix') today announced that it has developed 2Gb(Gigabit) DDR4 DRAM and DDR4 DRAM based 2GB(Gigabyte) ECC-SODIMM(Error Check & Correction Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module) applying its leading 30nm class process technology. The DDR4 DRAM product meets the JEDEC standard and the module product is designed for the micro server.
DDR4 DRAM is a next generation memory product which consumes less electronic power while it transfers data as twice as faster than the existing DDR3 DRAM. The device works at the industry's fastest speed of 2400Mbps(Megabits per second), which is also 80% faster than DDR3 1333Mbps product. The Module product operates at such a low voltage of 1.2V and processes up to 19.2 GB (Gigabytes) of data per second with a 64-bit I/O.
"The DDR4 products fully support various demanding features including eco-friendly, energy efficient, high performance." said Mr. Ji-Bum Kim, Chief Marketing Officer of Hynix. "With this product, Hynix will be able to provide premium solutions to our customers not only in the PC and server but also in the tablet market."
Hynix plans to start volume production of this high performance DDR4 product in the second half of 2012.
According to market research firm, iSuppli, the portion of the DDR4 DRAM is expected to increase from 5% in 2013 to over 50% in 2015 and become a mainstream in the market. While the demand DDR3 DRAM will reach its peak in 2012 with 71% portion and will eventually decrease to 49% in 2014.
Latest News Posts
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio