Hynix Introduces High Performance DDR4 DRAM
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. ('Hynix') today announced that it has developed 2Gb(Gigabit) DDR4 DRAM and DDR4 DRAM based 2GB(Gigabyte) ECC-SODIMM(Error Check & Correction Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module) applying its leading 30nm class process technology. The DDR4 DRAM product meets the JEDEC standard and the module product is designed for the micro server.
DDR4 DRAM is a next generation memory product which consumes less electronic power while it transfers data as twice as faster than the existing DDR3 DRAM. The device works at the industry's fastest speed of 2400Mbps(Megabits per second), which is also 80% faster than DDR3 1333Mbps product. The Module product operates at such a low voltage of 1.2V and processes up to 19.2 GB (Gigabytes) of data per second with a 64-bit I/O.
"The DDR4 products fully support various demanding features including eco-friendly, energy efficient, high performance." said Mr. Ji-Bum Kim, Chief Marketing Officer of Hynix. "With this product, Hynix will be able to provide premium solutions to our customers not only in the PC and server but also in the tablet market."
Hynix plans to start volume production of this high performance DDR4 product in the second half of 2012.
According to market research firm, iSuppli, the portion of the DDR4 DRAM is expected to increase from 5% in 2013 to over 50% in 2015 and become a mainstream in the market. While the demand DDR3 DRAM will reach its peak in 2012 with 71% portion and will eventually decrease to 49% in 2014.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset