Hynix Introduces High Performance DDR4 DRAM
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. ('Hynix') today announced that it has developed 2Gb(Gigabit) DDR4 DRAM and DDR4 DRAM based 2GB(Gigabyte) ECC-SODIMM(Error Check & Correction Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module) applying its leading 30nm class process technology. The DDR4 DRAM product meets the JEDEC standard and the module product is designed for the micro server.
DDR4 DRAM is a next generation memory product which consumes less electronic power while it transfers data as twice as faster than the existing DDR3 DRAM. The device works at the industry's fastest speed of 2400Mbps(Megabits per second), which is also 80% faster than DDR3 1333Mbps product. The Module product operates at such a low voltage of 1.2V and processes up to 19.2 GB (Gigabytes) of data per second with a 64-bit I/O.
"The DDR4 products fully support various demanding features including eco-friendly, energy efficient, high performance." said Mr. Ji-Bum Kim, Chief Marketing Officer of Hynix. "With this product, Hynix will be able to provide premium solutions to our customers not only in the PC and server but also in the tablet market."
Hynix plans to start volume production of this high performance DDR4 product in the second half of 2012.
According to market research firm, iSuppli, the portion of the DDR4 DRAM is expected to increase from 5% in 2013 to over 50% in 2015 and become a mainstream in the market. While the demand DDR3 DRAM will reach its peak in 2012 with 71% portion and will eventually decrease to 49% in 2014.
Latest News Posts
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning