Hynix Introduces High Performance DDR4 DRAM
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. ('Hynix') today announced that it has developed 2Gb(Gigabit) DDR4 DRAM and DDR4 DRAM based 2GB(Gigabyte) ECC-SODIMM(Error Check & Correction Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module) applying its leading 30nm class process technology. The DDR4 DRAM product meets the JEDEC standard and the module product is designed for the micro server.
DDR4 DRAM is a next generation memory product which consumes less electronic power while it transfers data as twice as faster than the existing DDR3 DRAM. The device works at the industry's fastest speed of 2400Mbps(Megabits per second), which is also 80% faster than DDR3 1333Mbps product. The Module product operates at such a low voltage of 1.2V and processes up to 19.2 GB (Gigabytes) of data per second with a 64-bit I/O.
"The DDR4 products fully support various demanding features including eco-friendly, energy efficient, high performance." said Mr. Ji-Bum Kim, Chief Marketing Officer of Hynix. "With this product, Hynix will be able to provide premium solutions to our customers not only in the PC and server but also in the tablet market."
Hynix plans to start volume production of this high performance DDR4 product in the second half of 2012.
According to market research firm, iSuppli, the portion of the DDR4 DRAM is expected to increase from 5% in 2013 to over 50% in 2015 and become a mainstream in the market. While the demand DDR3 DRAM will reach its peak in 2012 with 71% portion and will eventually decrease to 49% in 2014.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer details augmentations, and more
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched