Opera Mini app brings enhanced web browsing experience to Verizon Wireless feature phones
Application enables desktop-like web browsing, including access to expanded set of Internet sites on feature phones
Basking Ridge, NJ and San Mateo, CA - March 31, 2011
Verizon Wireless announced today that Opera Mini, the ground-breaking mobile browser by Opera Software, is available on select feature phones, including LG enV2, LG enV®3, LG enV® TOUCH, Samsung Alias 2, Casio® G'zOne Ravine and Casio® G'zOne Rock, with additional devices to be added soon. Opera Mini offers an enhanced user experience for Web browsing - bringing PC-like web browsing to select Verizon Wireless feature phones. Using the Opera Mini app, and its unique compression technology, web pages are delivered to the phones more quickly.
"Getting Opera Mini on the Verizon Wireless network is a big milestone, as we are able to reach Verizon Wireless' vast customer base," said Lars Boilesen, Chief Executive Officer, Opera Software. "We are happy that Verizon Wireless customers will now have access to a superior browser and, in the future, we will be launching more devices with Opera Mini preinstalled."
Verizon Wireless offers content filters that let parents manage a safe browsing experience for their children. For more information on content filters, visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/usagecontrols.
Opera Mini, currently available on six devices, will come preloaded later this year as the primary browser on select devices. Customers with feature phones can find the app in the Media Center/Get It Now® or can download it from Verizon Wireless online media store. Customers with Android devices can also download the app from Android Market. There is no subscription fee to access the Opera Mini browser, but data and usage charges may apply during download and use of the application.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to http://www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 94 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit http://www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at http://www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse