MSI Resumes Shipments of Sandy Bridge Gaming Notebooks and Extends Warranty
GT680R and GE620 notebooks deliver exceptional gaming and multimedia entertainment
MSI adds extended one-year warranty as part of commitment to customers and products
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - March 30, 2011 - MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced that it has resumed shipments of the GT680R notebook, its 15.6" full HD desktop replacement gaming unit powered by the refreshed second generation Intel® Core i7 2630QM processor. MSI's GE620 notebook, a slightly lighter sibling to the GT model designed for the casual gamer, will also be shipping soon with the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 2630QM processor.
MSI is also introducing its "MSI Quality Assurance Program" for all MSI notebooks equipped with the second generation Intel Core processor chipset purchased in the U.S. In response to the recent recall of the Intel 6 Series chipset, the "MSI Quality Assurance Program" addresses any outstanding customer concerns around product quality with an additional one-year extended warranty for all MSI Sandy Bridge notebooks.
Separately, the Better Business Bureau as honored MSI with an A+ rating, the organization's highest grade for reliability. This exemplary grade represents the BBB's degree of confidence that MSI is operating in a trustworthy manner.
"MSI is dedicated to provide outstanding customer service," said Andy Tung, vice president of sales for MSI US. "We want our customers to know that we are doing all we can to ensure their highest satisfaction as we have resolved - and continue to move beyond - the Intel 6 Series chipset issue."
All MSI notebooks sold in 2011 in the U.S. that use the updated Intel 6 Series chipset will be eligible for the one-year extended warranty, including the GT680R and GE620, as well as other new models, including the FX420, FX720/FR720 and CR640/CX640. Customers must register their MSI laptop within 30 days of purchase to qualify for the one-year extended warranty. Online registration can be completed at: http://www.msimobile.com/productreg/productlogin.aspx
Specs for the GT680R gaming notebook remain the same as when initially released in January 2011, and can be found here: http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?id=283 - updated GT680R has an MSRP of $1,649 and the GE620 starts at MSRP $1,249.99.
For more information and purchasing options, please visit http://www.msimobile.com
Founded in 1986, MSI manufactures and markets a wide array of consumer electronic products, from Notebook PC, All-in-One PC, to a variety of components including IPC, Server, Motherboard and Graphics Card. The company runs operations worldwide and employs approximately 14,000 people. MSI's North American operating subsidiary is based in City of Industry, Calif.
MSI's corporate commitment to innovation and style - as it relates to both technology and design, and as it's applied to both components and the final computing device - supports its mission to meet the needs of consumers worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20