-- GIGABYTE Announces 3TB+ Unlock Utility -
-- Enables 32bit Systems without Hybrid EFI Technology to Utilize Unallocated Space on New 3TB+ HDDs --
City of Industry, California, USA March 28, 2011 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and computing hardware solutions today officially announced the availability of the 3TB+ Unlock Utility that allows GIGABYTE motherboards without Hybrid EFI Technology to recognize and use unallocated space on new 3TB and larger hard disc drives (HDDs). The utility is freely available from the utilities page of the official GIGABYTE website: http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/Utility.aspx
GIGABYTE 3TB+ Unlock optimizes HDD storage space by allowing the user to create a virtual drive with space that exceeds 2048GB, the maximum amount of storage recognized by 32bit versions of operating systems such as Windows XP. The virtual drives are limited to 2048GB, and the user can create up to 128 partitions, as long as there is additional unallocated space on the HDD. 3TB+ Unlock supports both GPT (GUID Partition Table) and MBR (Master Boot Record) partition styles, however with MBR the number of partitions are limited to 8.
3TB+ Unlock currently supports new high-end motherboard models based on the Intel® X58, Intel® 6 series and AMD 8 series chipsets, and is in the process of being ported to older chipset models so that it will support all motherboards that are currently shipping.
Latest News Posts
- Save 58% on a Lifetime Subscription to Penzu Pro Digital Journal
- Realtek has produced a new onboard LAN chip aimed at gamers
- Meet the low-profile GELID Polar 1U air cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Storage is no sweat for the Transcend StoreJet 8TB USB 3.0 drive
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
- Z77 Extreme 4 USB dead?
- Gigabyty strange start-up behavior, please help! (video inside)
- Cars news
- Latest automobiles news
- Automobiles news
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC