TYAN Validates Fusion-io 160GB and 640GB ioDrives in Dual-Socket Server Platforms
Fusion's ioMemory Technology Validated in both Xeon® and Opteron Based Servers, Paves the Way for Future TYAN-Fusion Cooperation
Fremont, California - March 22, 2011 - TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., has completed validating 160GB and 640GB ioDrives from Fusion-io in two of their most powerful HPC computing platforms: the S7025, a dual Socket 1366 motherboard supporting Intel® Xeon® 5500/5600 series processors, and the S8232, the company's newest dual Socket G34 board supporting AMD® Opteron 6100 series processors.
TYAN's rigorous validation process included testing ioMemory technology from Fusion-io with a full range of operating systems and applications, as well as comprehensive hardware testing to ensure complete compatibility. Tyan engineers also performed some cursory benchmark tests. "Validating Fusion ioDrives with Tyan's leading HPC platforms gives Tyan and our OEM partners total confidence in Fusion's game changing technology. We're looking forward to expanding our relations with Fusion-io in the future," stated TYAN's Senior Director of Sales, Joe James. Both motherboards are available now through TYAN distributors worldwide. OEM pricing is available on request.
"Moving active data from centralized storage to the server where it is being processed significantly enhances data center efficiency and reliability," said Marius Tudor, Fusion-io's Senior Director of Strategic Partners and Channels. "TYAN's qualification of Fusion's ioMemory technology demonstrates increasing mainstream recognition of the need for data decentralization in the 21st Century data center. We look forward to our teams' ongoing collaboration."
S7025AGM2NR - Dual Socket 1366 Platform
The TYAN S7025 motherboard supports a pair of Intel Xeon 5500/5600 series Westmere processors. Featuring four double-wide PCI-E Gen2 x16 slots, the S7025 has become a top choice as a platform for GPGPU servers. The board is also loaded with integrated features including two GbE ports, six SATA-II ports, audio, VGA, nine USB ports, IPMI, and optional SAS. Both 160GB and 640GB ioDrives passed TYAN's validation with the S7025.
S8232GM4NR - Dual Socket G34 Platform
S8232 is TYAN's newest Dual Opteron 6100 series motherboard. It supports two 12-core processors and up to 24 (12+12) DDR3 DIMMs, making it an exceptional platform for virtual servers. The board is also GPU ready, with four double-wide PCI-E Gen2 x16 slots. Now S8232 has passed validation with both 160GB and 640GB ioDrives and is ready for action.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X with 12GB RAM can be used in 4-way SLI
- Final 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer reveals Vision
- Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook doesn't plan on developing a car
- Javelin Strategy: New identity fraud victim every two seconds in 2014
- AVADirect announce Omni VR desktop, for all things VR gaming
- AC Power
- заказать Магниты Zerosmoke в Куп
- MSI X99S-MPower (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 - F5c BIOS
- Asrock z97 Extreme4 mic + pci-e x1 problem
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams