TYAN Validates Fusion-io 160GB and 640GB ioDrives in Dual-Socket Server Platforms
Fusion's ioMemory Technology Validated in both Xeon® and Opteron Based Servers, Paves the Way for Future TYAN-Fusion Cooperation
Fremont, California - March 22, 2011 - TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., has completed validating 160GB and 640GB ioDrives from Fusion-io in two of their most powerful HPC computing platforms: the S7025, a dual Socket 1366 motherboard supporting Intel® Xeon® 5500/5600 series processors, and the S8232, the company's newest dual Socket G34 board supporting AMD® Opteron 6100 series processors.
TYAN's rigorous validation process included testing ioMemory technology from Fusion-io with a full range of operating systems and applications, as well as comprehensive hardware testing to ensure complete compatibility. Tyan engineers also performed some cursory benchmark tests. "Validating Fusion ioDrives with Tyan's leading HPC platforms gives Tyan and our OEM partners total confidence in Fusion's game changing technology. We're looking forward to expanding our relations with Fusion-io in the future," stated TYAN's Senior Director of Sales, Joe James. Both motherboards are available now through TYAN distributors worldwide. OEM pricing is available on request.
"Moving active data from centralized storage to the server where it is being processed significantly enhances data center efficiency and reliability," said Marius Tudor, Fusion-io's Senior Director of Strategic Partners and Channels. "TYAN's qualification of Fusion's ioMemory technology demonstrates increasing mainstream recognition of the need for data decentralization in the 21st Century data center. We look forward to our teams' ongoing collaboration."
S7025AGM2NR - Dual Socket 1366 Platform
The TYAN S7025 motherboard supports a pair of Intel Xeon 5500/5600 series Westmere processors. Featuring four double-wide PCI-E Gen2 x16 slots, the S7025 has become a top choice as a platform for GPGPU servers. The board is also loaded with integrated features including two GbE ports, six SATA-II ports, audio, VGA, nine USB ports, IPMI, and optional SAS. Both 160GB and 640GB ioDrives passed TYAN's validation with the S7025.
S8232GM4NR - Dual Socket G34 Platform
S8232 is TYAN's newest Dual Opteron 6100 series motherboard. It supports two 12-core processors and up to 24 (12+12) DDR3 DIMMs, making it an exceptional platform for virtual servers. The board is also GPU ready, with four double-wide PCI-E Gen2 x16 slots. Now S8232 has passed validation with both 160GB and 640GB ioDrives and is ready for action.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook Messenger now features mentions and reactions
- Futuremark deploys Vulkan API test in 3DMark
- Star Wars Battlefront, Need for Speed sequels teased
- Corsair One: a new line of tiny, but powerful gaming PCs
- WikiLeaks: Apple Mac, iPhone firmware hacked by CIA
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse