STEELSERIES ANNOUNCES GLOBAL FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE FOR GAMERS TO HELP SUPPORT EARTHQUAKE RELEIF IN JAPAN
Gamers Can Purchase a SteelSeries Branded Professional Gaming Mouse at 25% off in the Web Shop; From Every Purchase In That Category, SteelSeries Will Donate 25% of the Proceeds to the Japanese Red Cross Society
COPENHAGEN, Mar. 21, 2011 - SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of gaming peripherals, today announced a fundraising initiative for gamers to help support earthquake relief through the Japanese Red Cross Society. Starting today and throughout the next month, on every purchase of a mouse in SteelSeries' branded line of professional gaming mice, which include the SteelSeries Ikari, SteelSeries Xai and SteelSeries Kinzu, the company will donate 25% of the proceeds to the Japanese Red Cross Society to aide in earthquake relief. SteelSeries will also offer a 25% off discount of this product line in the SteelSeries Web Shop as an incentive for gamers to fuel the fundraising initiative: http://steelseries.com/japan.
"The tragic events in Japan have touched us deeply, and while we have been lucky that so far our Tokyo-based SteelSeries team and partners appear to be safe, our thoughts and best wishes go out everyone in the region who has been affected," said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. "We hope our global community of gamers will help to drive this fundraising initiative or will aide in donations and support for victims by other means."
Japanese characters, culture, competitive gaming in Japan, and the innovation from Japanese companies which helped to sculpt the video game industry, are what influenced the SteelSeries team in designing and the naming of its line of professional gaming mice. These influences were filtered into SteelSeries' first mouse in 2007, the Ikari (anger, rage), and carried into the recent Xai (talent) mouse. Additionally, some of the components used in these mice are Japanese, simply because they offer performance and durability unmatched by other similar components. These influences were what made this SteelSeries product line the obvious category for this initiative.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces. For the past decade, SteelSeries has been on the forefront of competitive gaming gear thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gaming teams. SteelSeries also helps to support the growth of competitive gaming tournaments and electronic sports leagues through professional team sponsorships, partnerships, and community support all over the world. For more information, please visit http://steelseries.com.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance