Opera Barracuda released from holding tank
Oslo, Norway - March 17, 2011
Opera Software today set loose the beta of its Opera 11.10 browser, codenamed "Barracuda". Barracuda inherits the streamlined design of its forebears, while its ongoing evolution has resulted in smarter features and faster performance. Download it today for Windows, Mac and Linux computers from http://www.opera.com/browser/next/
Adaptations found in Barracuda:
More versatile Speed Dial
Speed Dial, which makes it easier and faster to access your favorite sites, has been one of Opera's most-loved features since its introduction four years ago. The number of Speed Dials is now unlimited, thanks to the new Speed Dial flow feature, which opens new Speed Dials dynamically as you add them. Customization options now include new layout choices, and an improved zoom slider lets you fit even 5-column layouts comfortably in your monitor.
See the new Speed Dial in action here:
Barracudas dart through the water with ease. This Barracuda downloads the Flash plug-in with ease. When you visit a page that requires Flash, the Opera browser can now download the plug-in automatically and install it in the background--a seamless, simple process.
More fun for web developers
Peer inside Barracuda and you will find new under-the-hood improvements. A new browser core not only makes Barracuda the fastest version of Opera, but also adds support for CSS3's multi-column layouts and gradients, the Web Open Font Format (WOFF) and Google's WebP image protocol.
What we say
"In 2011, Opera will have a relentless focus on desktop," said Jan Standal, VP of Desktop Products, Opera Software. "Barracuda is our first release in the new year and shows off some of our freshest ideas to make your browsing easier. If you are already an Opera fan, you will appreciate the polish we added to Speed Dial, a favorite feature for many millions of people who use Opera. If you've never tried Opera, maybe Speed Dial will become your favorite feature. And, the best part? It only gets better from here."
Download Opera 11.10 beta press kit at http://www.opera.com/media/presskit/Opera1110beta.zip
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications