Opera Barracuda released from holding tank
Oslo, Norway - March 17, 2011
Opera Software today set loose the beta of its Opera 11.10 browser, codenamed "Barracuda". Barracuda inherits the streamlined design of its forebears, while its ongoing evolution has resulted in smarter features and faster performance. Download it today for Windows, Mac and Linux computers from http://www.opera.com/browser/next/
Adaptations found in Barracuda:
More versatile Speed Dial
Speed Dial, which makes it easier and faster to access your favorite sites, has been one of Opera's most-loved features since its introduction four years ago. The number of Speed Dials is now unlimited, thanks to the new Speed Dial flow feature, which opens new Speed Dials dynamically as you add them. Customization options now include new layout choices, and an improved zoom slider lets you fit even 5-column layouts comfortably in your monitor.
See the new Speed Dial in action here:
Barracudas dart through the water with ease. This Barracuda downloads the Flash plug-in with ease. When you visit a page that requires Flash, the Opera browser can now download the plug-in automatically and install it in the background--a seamless, simple process.
More fun for web developers
Peer inside Barracuda and you will find new under-the-hood improvements. A new browser core not only makes Barracuda the fastest version of Opera, but also adds support for CSS3's multi-column layouts and gradients, the Web Open Font Format (WOFF) and Google's WebP image protocol.
What we say
"In 2011, Opera will have a relentless focus on desktop," said Jan Standal, VP of Desktop Products, Opera Software. "Barracuda is our first release in the new year and shows off some of our freshest ideas to make your browsing easier. If you are already an Opera fan, you will appreciate the polish we added to Speed Dial, a favorite feature for many millions of people who use Opera. If you've never tried Opera, maybe Speed Dial will become your favorite feature. And, the best part? It only gets better from here."
Download Opera 11.10 beta press kit at http://www.opera.com/media/presskit/Opera1110beta.zip
Latest News Posts
- The insanely good looking Need for Speed will be playable at Gamescom
- Microsoft's 'flagship' store in NYC opens its doors in the fall
- MSI teases its Z170A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition motherboard
- Mafia 3 confirmed, will be shown off during Gamescom next week
- Windows 10 launch has Microsoft securing 40Tbps of bandwidth
- BitFenix Aegis Micro-ATX Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H can't shutdown
- GA-G41MT-S2P memory compatibility issues
- Phase led on, but no boots
- memory swap!
- Mionix Unveils the CASTOR Gaming Mouse
- Thermaltake Sponsors PDXLAN 26 and Quakecon 2015
- Addonics Announces Rack-Mount SATA to USB 3.1 Converter
- COUGAR Announces 230M and 250M Gaming Mice
- Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices