QNAP Unveils New Entry-level 4-drive Rack-mounted NAS Server for Workgroup and SMB Customers
New 1U Rack-mounted Model Features Energy-efficient Marvell 1.2GHz CPU and 256MB of DDRII Memory, Delivering High Performance Networked Storage Coupled with a Broad Range of Business-ready Applications.
Taipei, Taiwan, March 2011 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers today announced expansion of their entry-level Turbo NAS lineup with the addition of the TS-412U rack-mounted NAS server targeted at the fast-growing SMB and workgroup market segments. The TS-412U features 4 SATA hard drives with up to 12TB of total capacity (using 3TB drives, not included) packaged in a compact 1U rack-mounted chassis. The TS-412U supports 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch hard drives in hot-swappable drive carriers, giving users more flexibility in selecting hard drives for installation. The TS-412U features a Marvell 1.2GHz CPU and 256MB of DDRII memory, providing sustained high performance with low power consumption.
The TS-412U is packed with features more often found on higher-end NAS units including support for single disk, RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 6, or 5+ hot spare with online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration for data redundancy. The TS-412U supports iSCSI target service with Thin Provisioning, dual Gigabit LAN ports with failover and load balancing. The TS-412U also features 4 USB ports (1 front, 3 back panel) and 2 e-SATA ports for expanding the storage capacity or backing up the NAS data.
The TS-412U offers essential business features including cross-platform support for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX environments, centralized backup for all computers attached to the network, recording of surveillance video from IP cameras, and advanced security features such as policy-based IP blocking, Windows Active Directory support, and more. The TS-412U can be configured as an FTP server, file server, print server, and even for encrypted remote replication of another QNAP NAS on the network.
"The TS-412U satisfies the requirements of SMB and workgroup users who desire high performance networked storage with low acquisition cost but won't compromise on reliability and features," said Tony Lu, Product Manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. "The TS-412U offers comprehensive management tools, including scheduled power on/off, email and SMS alert, and detailed event and connection logs for administrators to maintain the server easily."
For more information on the TS-412U, download a spec sheet, or find out where to purchase, please visit: http://www.qnap.com
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes