Experience the Realism of Total War: Shogun 2 with AMD Radeon HD Graphics
The AMD Radeon HD 6870 with DirectX® 11 support and AMD Eyefinity technology enables exhilarating gaming experience in new strategy game
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -3/16/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that it is enabling the ultimate gaming experience in the much-anticipated Total War: Shogun 2 strategy game by Sega®, using the company's latest graphics cards, such as the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards. With second-generation DirectX® 11-capable AMD Radeon graphics cards and AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology, gamers will experience the full performance of Shogun 2 including a more realistic, immersive and exhilarating experience than ever before.1 Widely available in retail and e-tail for approximately $200 USD, the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card is a powerful tool in any gamer's arsenal.
"AMD continues to deliver the best possible gaming experience by working closely with Sega to turn PC gaming into a completely immersive and visually stunning experience," said Neal Robison, director, ISV Relationship Management at AMD. "Gamers taking advantage of the incredibly detailed visual effects of Shogun 2 on AMD Radeon graphics cards will experience firsthand the speed and advanced simulation offered by DirectX 11."
"With AMD Radeon graphics cards, we can finally bring our designs to life while bringing gamers closer than ever to reality," said Richard Broadhurst Technical Director of Creative Assembly. "Through AMD, our vision for everything from an expansive battlefield at sunset to the fine details in a suit of armor, are realized in a way that gamers can really appreciate as they plan and fight their way to victory."
The Best Looking Games with Second-generation DirectX 11-capable Technology
- Amazing visual effects for everything including the beautiful scenery in historic Japan to more life-like and personalized Avatars.
- Diffusion depth of field for the same special effects seen in movies to spot enemies both near and far.
- Contact hardening shadows and rendering for more detailed and ultra-realistic shadows.
- Gaussian blur for bloom effects around the sun over the battlefield without interruption in game performance.
- AMD CrossFire support to help run games at the highest resolution possible with the maximum game settings.2
- Tessellation to smoothly handle greater rendering tasks for enhanced visual effects.
An Immersive Gaming Experience with AMD Eyefinity Technology and Advanced Display Options
- Give yourself the ultimate advantage by using AMD Eyefinity for an expansive, multi-monitor view of the battlefield.
- Command armies and strategically engage the enemy in real-time 3D battles and leverage multiplayer campaigns for 4x4 battles.
- Achieve victory by carrying out successful strategic attacks by keeping tabs on what's going on in the battlefield and closely watching enemy movements.
CPU Scaling with the AMD Fusion Platform
- Designed to give users the best game experience on AMD CPUs as well as the forthcoming AMD Fusion APU for desktops and notebooks.
Latest News Posts
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio