VIA Launches VIA ART-5450 for In-Vehicle and Fleet Management Applications
New VIA ART-5450 embedded box PC offers flexible communications array for tomorrow's intelligent fleet logistics applications
Taipei, Taiwan, 15 March 2011 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the launch of its VIA ART-5450 embedded box PC system, designed to offer embedded developers the ideal system platform for today's sophisticated logistics and fleet management applications.
Based on a uniquely compact, fanless and rugged design, the VIA ART-5450 offers a full feature set that includes a range of wireless 3G communications, dual display and advanced power management support, creating a flexible and stable platform for in-vehicle systems that control, monitor and manage commercial vehicles.
"The transition to more elegant and integrated real-time fleet management eco-systems demands increasingly intelligent and networked in-vehicle devices," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA ART-5450 matches leading communications features with unrivaled stability, creating the ultimate in-vehicle logistics solution."
Driving the future of In-Vehicle Commercial Device Design
The VIA ART-5450 is based on the modular VIA EITX-3000 Em-ITX board coupled with the new EMIO-3450 expansion module, bringing together a high-performance VIA Nano E Series processor and a wealth of communications options including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPRS and a range of 3G and 3.5G support.
The compact VIA ART-5450 uses a uniquely robust aluminum chassis design that can withstand vibrations of up to 5G and shocks of 50G with a wide operating temperature range of -200C to 700C. Employing a compact flash module for OS installation, the VIA ART-5450 embedded box PC offers easy fanless design implementation, essential for in-vehicle systems.
The VIA ART-5450 also features a flexible power source input of DC 7-36 volts and an optional power management module that allows more sophisticated power management options including power on and power off delay, and software-based power down scheduling for system maintenance and updates.
Featuring a 64-bit 1.0GHz VIA Nano E processor and the VIA VX800 media system processor, the VIA ART-5450 brings performance and energy efficiency together with a full range of features including hardware accelerated HD media playback and multi display support. The VIA ART-5450 supports dual LVDS and VGA display ports, two configurable COM ports and dual Gigabit networking.
The VIA ART-5450 is available now to project customers. More information about the VIA ART-5450 can be by visiting:
The VIA EMIO-3450
At the heart of the VIA ART-5450 lie the VIA EMIO-3450 expansion module which integrates with the VIA EITX-3000 Em-ITX board to offer a wealth of wireless communications options. Supporting two Mini-PCIe slots, the VIA EMIO-3450 can integrate a range of 3G modules including HSPA, WCDMA, EDGE and GPRS. A SIM card slot is also included. A 20 channel GPRS receiver and a 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi module are also included. The VIA ART-5450 supports up to three antennas.
The VIA EMIO-3450 also supports up to four additional USB ports and provides both UART and GPIO ports and 6 watt audio amplification via three audio jacks.
To learn more about the VIA EMIO-3450 expansion module, please go to:
To learn more about the VIA EITX-3000 Em-ITX board, please visit:
Images related to this announcement can be found here:
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4