VIA Launches VIA ART-5450 for In-Vehicle and Fleet Management Applications
New VIA ART-5450 embedded box PC offers flexible communications array for tomorrow's intelligent fleet logistics applications
Taipei, Taiwan, 15 March 2011 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the launch of its VIA ART-5450 embedded box PC system, designed to offer embedded developers the ideal system platform for today's sophisticated logistics and fleet management applications.
Based on a uniquely compact, fanless and rugged design, the VIA ART-5450 offers a full feature set that includes a range of wireless 3G communications, dual display and advanced power management support, creating a flexible and stable platform for in-vehicle systems that control, monitor and manage commercial vehicles.
"The transition to more elegant and integrated real-time fleet management eco-systems demands increasingly intelligent and networked in-vehicle devices," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA ART-5450 matches leading communications features with unrivaled stability, creating the ultimate in-vehicle logistics solution."
Driving the future of In-Vehicle Commercial Device Design
The VIA ART-5450 is based on the modular VIA EITX-3000 Em-ITX board coupled with the new EMIO-3450 expansion module, bringing together a high-performance VIA Nano E Series processor and a wealth of communications options including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPRS and a range of 3G and 3.5G support.
The compact VIA ART-5450 uses a uniquely robust aluminum chassis design that can withstand vibrations of up to 5G and shocks of 50G with a wide operating temperature range of -200C to 700C. Employing a compact flash module for OS installation, the VIA ART-5450 embedded box PC offers easy fanless design implementation, essential for in-vehicle systems.
The VIA ART-5450 also features a flexible power source input of DC 7-36 volts and an optional power management module that allows more sophisticated power management options including power on and power off delay, and software-based power down scheduling for system maintenance and updates.
Featuring a 64-bit 1.0GHz VIA Nano E processor and the VIA VX800 media system processor, the VIA ART-5450 brings performance and energy efficiency together with a full range of features including hardware accelerated HD media playback and multi display support. The VIA ART-5450 supports dual LVDS and VGA display ports, two configurable COM ports and dual Gigabit networking.
The VIA ART-5450 is available now to project customers. More information about the VIA ART-5450 can be by visiting:
The VIA EMIO-3450
At the heart of the VIA ART-5450 lie the VIA EMIO-3450 expansion module which integrates with the VIA EITX-3000 Em-ITX board to offer a wealth of wireless communications options. Supporting two Mini-PCIe slots, the VIA EMIO-3450 can integrate a range of 3G modules including HSPA, WCDMA, EDGE and GPRS. A SIM card slot is also included. A 20 channel GPRS receiver and a 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi module are also included. The VIA ART-5450 supports up to three antennas.
The VIA EMIO-3450 also supports up to four additional USB ports and provides both UART and GPIO ports and 6 watt audio amplification via three audio jacks.
To learn more about the VIA EMIO-3450 expansion module, please go to:
To learn more about the VIA EITX-3000 Em-ITX board, please visit:
Images related to this announcement can be found here:
Latest News Posts
- Get the latest update for Pokémon GO on Android and iOS
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now