Active Media Products Adds Write Protection Feature to SATA DOMs to Support Embedded Applications
Type-4 and Type-5 SATA DOMs Now Include Write Enable/Write Protect Switch
Fremont, California - March 15, 2011 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of DOMs and small form factor SSDs, announced that two of their low-profile 7-pin SATA DOM (Disk on Module) drive types now feature a write enable/write protect switch, which is useful in many embedded applications to prevent inadvertent deletion of files.
Most embedded computers are optimized to run a single application reliably year after year. Once deployed they are usually expected to operate continuously, maintenance free. DOMs are perfect for such applications because they are very reliable and have outstanding endurance, with a MTBF up to two million hours. The write protection switch improves reliability by allowing embedded system makers to write protect the drive after loading the OS and applications onto it. Write protection adds an extra level of security against viruses, file corruption, or inadvertent file deletion which could cause a failure of the embedded system. This improves field reliability of embedded computers and helps keep maintenance costs to a minimum.
Both Type-4 and Type-5 low-profile SATA DOMs now include a write protection switch. "Our DOM customers will welcome this new feature, which further enhances the reliability of AMP's DOMs for embedded computing applications. AMP will continue to focus development efforts on DOMs and embedded storage solutions," said Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson.
Both types are available now in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities. Approximate sample prices are as follows: 8GB models $70, 16GB models $90, 32GB models $160. OEM pricing is negotiable.
Latest News Posts
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- MSI shows off new gaming notebooks powered by Intel Skylake
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015