Active Media Products Adds Write Protection Feature to SATA DOMs to Support Embedded Applications
Type-4 and Type-5 SATA DOMs Now Include Write Enable/Write Protect Switch
Fremont, California - March 15, 2011 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of DOMs and small form factor SSDs, announced that two of their low-profile 7-pin SATA DOM (Disk on Module) drive types now feature a write enable/write protect switch, which is useful in many embedded applications to prevent inadvertent deletion of files.
Most embedded computers are optimized to run a single application reliably year after year. Once deployed they are usually expected to operate continuously, maintenance free. DOMs are perfect for such applications because they are very reliable and have outstanding endurance, with a MTBF up to two million hours. The write protection switch improves reliability by allowing embedded system makers to write protect the drive after loading the OS and applications onto it. Write protection adds an extra level of security against viruses, file corruption, or inadvertent file deletion which could cause a failure of the embedded system. This improves field reliability of embedded computers and helps keep maintenance costs to a minimum.
Both Type-4 and Type-5 low-profile SATA DOMs now include a write protection switch. "Our DOM customers will welcome this new feature, which further enhances the reliability of AMP's DOMs for embedded computing applications. AMP will continue to focus development efforts on DOMs and embedded storage solutions," said Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson.
Both types are available now in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities. Approximate sample prices are as follows: 8GB models $70, 16GB models $90, 32GB models $160. OEM pricing is negotiable.
Latest News Posts
- Need for Speed coming to PC in March, 4K and unlocked framerate
- Telsa's new 'Summon' feature parks, and retrieves your Model S vehicle
- Square Enix online store celebrates 15 years with a Super Sale
- Gabe Newell gave away HTC Vive Pre's like Santa Claus at Unity event
- LG unveils the touch-enabled Quick Cover for its unannounced G5 phone
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance