SuperTalent Unveils New SSD Lineup
DDR NAND drives need for SATA III Interface
San Jose, California - March 3rd, 2011 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today unveiled its next generation TeraDriveTM. Featuring the 2nd generation SandForceTM controllers, a SATA III 6Gbps interface, and the new ONFi Double Data Rate NAND flash, these new drives promise to deliver twice the performance of their predecessors.
At 3 Gbps, the SATA 2 interface posed a bottleneck to existing SSD designs but little performance was to be gained by changing to SATA3. That just changed. As double data rate (DDR) NAND becomes available, SSD performance stands to double overnight. Since the new 2nd generation SandForce controllers support both SATA3 and DDR flash, we are now able to unleash the performance of these new designs.
"It's the convergence of several new technologies that makes this drive possible. The double data rate (DDR) ONFi NAND enables drives to go twice as fast as previous generations but we were already hitting the limit of SATAII. We needed a controller that would support this new flash type and provide the faster SATA3, 6Gbps, bus interface. The SandForce 2200/2500 controllers, enabled us to do both"., CH Lee COO of SuperTalent.
The TeraDrive CT3 is designed for the pro-sumer. Featuring the new SandForce 2200 controller, this drive offers advanced features with a focus on capacity and performance.
The TeraDrive FT3 is designed Enterprise environment. Featuring advanced provisioning, endurance and wear leveling algorithms and SuperCap support the SF-2500 is perfect demanding Enterprise environments.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state- of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2009 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology