USB-IF Announces New Wave of Certified SuperSpeed USB Consumer Products
USB 3.0 Cable and Connector Certification Program now open
HANNOVER, Germany - March 1, 2011 - The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) today announced that 200 products have passed SuperSpeed USB certification testing. The latest
certified devices include the first certified SuperSpeed USB flash drive from Imation and also the first certified SuperSpeed USB media player, the O!Play HD2 from ASUS. These new products signal the vitality of SuperSpeed USB and expand the list of certified products to include motherboards, notebooks, external storage devices, flash drives, media players, PCI Express and ExpressCard add-in cards, storage controllers, hard disk drives and device-enabling silicon.
"The industry ramp of SuperSpeed USB products achieving certification has been phenomenal," said Jeff Ravencraft, President & COO, USB-IF. "We have seen the number of certified products quadruple since CeBIT 2010 and the certification workshops and labs continue to fill up with products from around the globe. This is a testament to the consumer and manufacturer enthusiasm behind the technology."
"The combined benefits of data transfer rate up to 10x faster than Hi-Speed USB, low power consumption and ease of use are helping drive SuperSpeed USB adoption by an increasing number and variety of devices," said Shane Rau, IDC's research director of computing semiconductors. "IDC believes that adoption of SuperSpeed USB will accelerate in the second half of 2012, and we forecast that approximately 80 percent of mobile PCs will ship with SuperSpeed USB in 2013, with roughly equal penetration in commercial and consumer mobile PCs."
USB-IF Launches SuperSpeed USB Cable and Connector Certification Program
The USB-IF has introduced its SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) Cable and Connector Certification Program, designed for testing cables and connectors for compliance to the specification to achieve certification. Companies whose certified cables and connectors have achieved certification may license the rights to use the SuperSpeed USB logo in conjunction with providing the USB-IF with a signed logo license agreement.
Three independent test labs, including Contech Research, Inc., ETC and NTS have been authorized to test SuperSpeed USB cables and connectors. The USB 3.0 Cable and Connector Compliance Document Revision 1.0 is now available on the USB-IF website.
SuperSpeed USB Community at CeBIT
The USB Community at CeBIT 2011 includes product and technology exhibitions from the following USB-IF member companies:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Elka International, Ltd.
- LeCroy Corporation
- Main Super Enterprises Co., Ltd.
- System Level Solutions, Inc.
- Texas Instruments
- Total Phase
To learn more about SuperSpeed USB technology or how to become a USB-IF member, please visit http://www.usb.org
About SuperSpeed USB
SuperSpeed USB brings significant performance enhancements to the ubiquitous USB standard, while remaining compatible with the billions of USB enabled devices currently deployed in the market. SuperSpeed USB will deliver up to 10x the data transfer rate of Hi-Speed USB, as well as improved power efficiency. The USB 3.0 specification was developed by the USB 3.0 Promoter Group which consists of Hewlett-Packard Company, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Renesas Electronics, ST-Ericsson and Texas Instruments.
About the USB-IF
The non-profit USB Implementers Forum, Inc. was formed to provide a support organization and forum for the advancement and adoption of USB technology. The USB-IF facilitates the development of high-quality, compatible USB devices through its logo and compliance program and promotes the benefits of USB and the quality of products that have passed compliance testing. Further information, including postings of the most recent product and technology announcements, is available by visiting the USB-IF website at http://www.usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis