Corsair Announces USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for Obsidian Series Cases
- Installs quickly and adds front panel access for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 devices -
FREMONT, California - March 3rd, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the availability of a USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for their Obsidian Series® 800D and 700D full-tower PC cases.
The kit is designed for Obsidian Series case owners who have upgraded their systems to support USB 3.0, either by replacing their motherboard or via an add-in card. The kit consists of a replacement front I/O panel that includes a USB 3.0 port and a wiring harness that connects to an available USB 3.0 port on the customer's motherboard or add-in card. Installation takes just minutes.
"Our Obsidian Series cases are designed and built to last through years of system builds and upgrades, and our customers are on the leading edge of technology and of USB 3.0 adoption," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "We are pleased to provide an upgrade kit that allows Obsidian Series owners to bring a USB 3.0 port to the front of the case, making it easier to connect USB 3.0 devices."
Images can be downloaded here.
The USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for the Obsidian Series 800D and 700D is available for purchase from Corsair.com for $14.99 USD. For more information on this and other accessories for Obsidian Series full-tower cases, please visit the Corsair website.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC headsets and speaker systems, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2011 Corsair. All rights reserved. Corsair, the sails logo, and Obsidian Series are registered trademarks of Corsair in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Sony says 1080p 60FPS 'makes a huge difference in any game'
- New monitors from Samsung wirelessly charge your Qi-capable smartphone
- 343 Industries discusses decision to remove split screen from Halo 5
- Israel focusing more on cybersecurity as it faces nonstop attacks
- David Guetta believes music piracy helps boost his concert attendance
- Tesoro Kuven Pro Real 5.1 Gaming Headset Review
- New PC
- Asrock Z97 Extreme9 SLI and Intel 750 question
- Windows 7 - Original Software with Asus laptop
- Antec P70 Performance Series Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Futuremark Peacekeeper to be Discontinued
- Logitech Confirms FY 2016 Outlook with Q1 Sales of $470 Million
- Team Group Announces the MiDRIVE Storage Solution
- Microsoft Releases FY15 Q4 Results
- PNY Reveals the HP v210w 2.0 USB Flash Drive