Corsair Announces USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for Obsidian Series Cases
- Installs quickly and adds front panel access for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 devices -
FREMONT, California - March 3rd, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the availability of a USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for their Obsidian Series® 800D and 700D full-tower PC cases.
The kit is designed for Obsidian Series case owners who have upgraded their systems to support USB 3.0, either by replacing their motherboard or via an add-in card. The kit consists of a replacement front I/O panel that includes a USB 3.0 port and a wiring harness that connects to an available USB 3.0 port on the customer's motherboard or add-in card. Installation takes just minutes.
"Our Obsidian Series cases are designed and built to last through years of system builds and upgrades, and our customers are on the leading edge of technology and of USB 3.0 adoption," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "We are pleased to provide an upgrade kit that allows Obsidian Series owners to bring a USB 3.0 port to the front of the case, making it easier to connect USB 3.0 devices."
Images can be downloaded here.
The USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for the Obsidian Series 800D and 700D is available for purchase from Corsair.com for $14.99 USD. For more information on this and other accessories for Obsidian Series full-tower cases, please visit the Corsair website.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC headsets and speaker systems, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2011 Corsair. All rights reserved. Corsair, the sails logo, and Obsidian Series are registered trademarks of Corsair in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS