Corsair Announces USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for Obsidian Series Cases
- Installs quickly and adds front panel access for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 devices -
FREMONT, California - March 3rd, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the availability of a USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for their Obsidian Series® 800D and 700D full-tower PC cases.
The kit is designed for Obsidian Series case owners who have upgraded their systems to support USB 3.0, either by replacing their motherboard or via an add-in card. The kit consists of a replacement front I/O panel that includes a USB 3.0 port and a wiring harness that connects to an available USB 3.0 port on the customer's motherboard or add-in card. Installation takes just minutes.
"Our Obsidian Series cases are designed and built to last through years of system builds and upgrades, and our customers are on the leading edge of technology and of USB 3.0 adoption," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "We are pleased to provide an upgrade kit that allows Obsidian Series owners to bring a USB 3.0 port to the front of the case, making it easier to connect USB 3.0 devices."
Images can be downloaded here.
The USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for the Obsidian Series 800D and 700D is available for purchase from Corsair.com for $14.99 USD. For more information on this and other accessories for Obsidian Series full-tower cases, please visit the Corsair website.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC headsets and speaker systems, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2011 Corsair. All rights reserved. Corsair, the sails logo, and Obsidian Series are registered trademarks of Corsair in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce teased with 'Order of 10' mystery
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched