Corsair Announces USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for Obsidian Series Cases
- Installs quickly and adds front panel access for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 devices -
FREMONT, California - March 3rd, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the availability of a USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for their Obsidian Series® 800D and 700D full-tower PC cases.
The kit is designed for Obsidian Series case owners who have upgraded their systems to support USB 3.0, either by replacing their motherboard or via an add-in card. The kit consists of a replacement front I/O panel that includes a USB 3.0 port and a wiring harness that connects to an available USB 3.0 port on the customer's motherboard or add-in card. Installation takes just minutes.
"Our Obsidian Series cases are designed and built to last through years of system builds and upgrades, and our customers are on the leading edge of technology and of USB 3.0 adoption," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "We are pleased to provide an upgrade kit that allows Obsidian Series owners to bring a USB 3.0 port to the front of the case, making it easier to connect USB 3.0 devices."
Images can be downloaded here.
The USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for the Obsidian Series 800D and 700D is available for purchase from Corsair.com for $14.99 USD. For more information on this and other accessories for Obsidian Series full-tower cases, please visit the Corsair website.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC headsets and speaker systems, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2011 Corsair. All rights reserved. Corsair, the sails logo, and Obsidian Series are registered trademarks of Corsair in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni