Active Media Products Launches Server-Class 2.5" SATA-III SSD, Predator V3
New 6Gbps SATA Drive Supports Transfer Speeds up to 410MB/sec
Fremont, California - February 7, 2011- Active Media Products, a world leading manufacturer of DOMs and small form factor SSDs, today launched a server class 2.5" SATA-III SSD that delivers transfer speeds up to 410MB/sec. This SSD is fully downward compatible with SATA-II and SATA-I standards, and is a drop-in replacement for virtually any SATA HDD or SSD.
The Predator V3 is a SATA-III (SATA-3) SSD supporting the lightning fast new 6Gbps host interface. Based on the new Marvell "Van Gogh" 88SS9174 SATA-III controller, the Predator V3 also supports very impressive random read and write speeds, reaching up to 20,000 IOPS. This combination of both sequential and random read and write performance means that boot up, application load, database, video rendering, shutdown, and other disk intensive events will occur substantially faster than with a SATA-II drive.
The Predator V3 will deliver superb performance in a SATA-II port, but requires a SATA-III port to unleash it's maximum potential. For that reason, this SSD is primarily intended for high performance servers that support SATA-III. The Predator V3 is enclosed in a slim aluminum casing that follows industry standard 2.5-inch drive dimensions (100 x 70 x 9.5 mm). It is both mechanically and functionally downward compatible with SATA-II (3Gbps) and SATA-I (1.5Gbps) interfaces. The Predator V3 SSD also includes the latest advances in reliability including 48-bit per 2KB hardware ECC, bad block management and wear leveling technology. The Predator V3 is offered in 64GB and 128GB capacities.
Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson stated, "The Predator V3 takes full advantage of the 6Gbps SATA interface. It delivers exceptionally fast transfer speeds that make it ideal for disk intensive applications like video streaming. It also boasts very low latencies and amazing IOPS scores that are critical in database servers. The drive is fast and reliable enough for web servers, but its affordable price makes it viable for gaming systems as well." Both 64GB and 128GB capacities are available now directly from ActiveMP.com.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC was founded in 2008 to develop advanced new storage products that improve performance and reliability while enhancing the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a world leader in DOMs and small form factor SSDs.
Latest News Posts
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines