-- GIGABYTE Ships All New B3 6 Series Motherboards --
-- Totally New B3 Motherboards Feature Revised B3 Stepping Chipset, Motherboard, Logo, Retail Box Design, and Model Numbers--
City of Industry, California, February 25, 2011 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions, today announced that they have begun shipping the totally redesigned GIGABYTE 6 series motherboards featuring the new Intel® B3 stepping chipsets. Motherboards are expected to be available around 2nd week of March. Please check with your store sales representatives or online store for product availability.
The new B3 version GIGABYTE 6 Series motherboards have been totally redesigned and renamed so that they can easily be distinguished from the older B2 versions through the signature 'B3' at the end of the model name. For example, the GA-P67A-UD7 has been replaced by the GA-P67A-UD7-B3 and the GA-H67A-UD3H has been replaced by the GA-H67A-UD3H-B3. The new model name is highly visible on the retail box, PCB, in the BIOS at start up and on applications such as the GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check utility and CPU-Z.
GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check Utility
Immediately after learning about the B2 stepping Intel® 6 Series chipset design error, GIGABYTE released the easy to use GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check utility that helps to optimize SATA performance by identifying the white SATA 6Gbps that can be used, while advising users not to use the affected Intel® PCH SATA ports. As the new B3 versions on 6 Series motherboards start to ship, GIGABYTE just released an updated 6 Series SATA Check utility that also identifies the chipset and its stepping (either B2 or B3).
Another way to identify a B3 stepping chipset motherboard is to look for the motherboard model name as the PC boots.
The new B3 version 6 Series motherboard packaging features a large B3 Stepping logo that users will easily be able to identify.
More information about GIGABYTE's all new B3 revision 6 Series motherboards is available from the official GIGABYTE website and the GIGABYTE Tech Daily blog.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd., headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a leading brand in the IT industry with branch offices located in 24 countries around the world. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a small research and development team and has since taken a position as one of the in the world's top motherboard manufacturers. In addition to motherboards and graphics cards, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, datacenter servers, networking products, mobile handsets, and home entertainment devices to serve each facet of the digital life in the home and office. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with innovative technology, exceptional quality, and unmatched customer service. Visit http://www.gigabyte.us for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Storage is no sweat for the Transcend StoreJet 8TB USB 3.0 drive
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
- Ubisoft learns from Watch Dogs, shows games on 'target machines' at E3
- AMD financials continue to decline, even with the launch of Fury X
- Sony rumored to unveil its new Xperia Z5 smartphone in September
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC