-- GIGABYTE Ships All New B3 6 Series Motherboards --
-- Totally New B3 Motherboards Feature Revised B3 Stepping Chipset, Motherboard, Logo, Retail Box Design, and Model Numbers--
City of Industry, California, February 25, 2011 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions, today announced that they have begun shipping the totally redesigned GIGABYTE 6 series motherboards featuring the new Intel® B3 stepping chipsets. Motherboards are expected to be available around 2nd week of March. Please check with your store sales representatives or online store for product availability.
The new B3 version GIGABYTE 6 Series motherboards have been totally redesigned and renamed so that they can easily be distinguished from the older B2 versions through the signature 'B3' at the end of the model name. For example, the GA-P67A-UD7 has been replaced by the GA-P67A-UD7-B3 and the GA-H67A-UD3H has been replaced by the GA-H67A-UD3H-B3. The new model name is highly visible on the retail box, PCB, in the BIOS at start up and on applications such as the GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check utility and CPU-Z.
GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check Utility
Immediately after learning about the B2 stepping Intel® 6 Series chipset design error, GIGABYTE released the easy to use GIGABYTE 6 Series SATA Check utility that helps to optimize SATA performance by identifying the white SATA 6Gbps that can be used, while advising users not to use the affected Intel® PCH SATA ports. As the new B3 versions on 6 Series motherboards start to ship, GIGABYTE just released an updated 6 Series SATA Check utility that also identifies the chipset and its stepping (either B2 or B3).
Another way to identify a B3 stepping chipset motherboard is to look for the motherboard model name as the PC boots.
The new B3 version 6 Series motherboard packaging features a large B3 Stepping logo that users will easily be able to identify.
More information about GIGABYTE's all new B3 revision 6 Series motherboards is available from the official GIGABYTE website and the GIGABYTE Tech Daily blog.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd., headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a leading brand in the IT industry with branch offices located in 24 countries around the world. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a small research and development team and has since taken a position as one of the in the world's top motherboard manufacturers. In addition to motherboards and graphics cards, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, datacenter servers, networking products, mobile handsets, and home entertainment devices to serve each facet of the digital life in the home and office. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with innovative technology, exceptional quality, and unmatched customer service. Visit http://www.gigabyte.us for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo dreaming big when it comes to smartwatches, wearables
- G.SKILL DDR4 reaches record air-cooling frequency of 4062MHz
- Lian Li hopes consumers at Computex like its unique desk PCs
- OCZ to show off Trion 100 SSD series for consumers during Computex
- AP: IRS believes tax data thieves came from Russia
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project
- WD Redesigns World's No. 1 Selling Portable Hard Drive
- QNAP Unveils Quiet and Stylish Vertical NAS TS-453mini