Icy Dock releases the MB974SP-B 4-in-3 SATA Backplane
Introducing the new face of Icy Dock screw-less technology, the MB974SP-B 4-in-3 SATA Backplane. This product allows the user to install 4 x 3.5" SATA hard drives into a computer case's 3 available 5.25" device bays. Using our world renowned screw-less technology, no screws or tools are required to insert or eject the drives making hot swapping a completely hassle free experience.
The front of the device includes childproof power buttons for each and they also act as an LED indicator showing drive power and activity. Similarly, each drive door has a multi-locking latch mechanism to prevent a door from being opened easily. Also on the front are USB and eSATA ports to quickly and easily connect external storage peripherals.
On the rear of the MB974SP-B is a monster 80mm cooling fan to pull cool air from the front ventilation slots, over the drives, and exhaust the warm air out through the rear ventilation slots. The fan also features an "on-demand" power system, so that the fan is only powered on if a drive's power is on. So even if all 4 slots are filled, the fan will only spin if one of the drives is powered on. And if the included fan is not enough, it can be upgraded to use most aftermarket 80mm case fans that use a 2 or 3 pin connector. A 3 speed fan control is built in letting the user choose between high, low, or auto which uses our Smart Cooling Technology to adjust fan speed according to the cooling requirements of the drives.
* Fits 4 x 3.5" SATA HDD into 3 x 5.25" Device Bays
* Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug &play and hot swap use
* Compatible with SATA 6 Gb/sec
* Stylish aluminum construction for durability and heat dissipation
* 80mm cooling fan for maximum air flow
* On-demand power system - Fan power only when a drive is powered on
* Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans that use 2-pin or 3-pin connectors
* 3 speed fan control including Smart Cooling Technology providing temperature
* Front and rear ventilation slots
* Front side USB and eSATA ports for convenient external storage connections
* Individual power switches and LEDs for each drive
* Child-proof power buttons to avoid accidental power shut down
* Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection
* Internal SATA cable and USB header cable built into rear of device
Product Image Pack:
About ICY DOCK:
Latest News Posts
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Did you want a Nokia Android smartphone? Here are three!
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand