PROMISE Technology Announces Pegasus Storage Line With All-New Thunderbolt Technology
PROMISE Technology today announced Pegasus, the industry's first-high performance hardware RAID solution designed to unleash the raw speed of the all-new Thunderbolt technology. Designed from the ground up for media and entertainment customers, Pegasus offers superior speed and throughput in a form factor small enough for a desktop, and is available in 4-bay and 6-bay aluminum enclosures with up to 12TB of raw storage.
"Intel is excited about the superior performance and simplicity Thunderbolt technology and PROMISE's Pegasus family of products will bring to consumers and media professionals trying to keep up with the explosion of digital media," said Jason Ziller, Director, Thunderbolt Planning and Marketing, Intel Corporation.
Utilizing Thunderbolt technology high-speed I/O, Pegasus can deliver a blistering 800 MB/s of sustained throughput, roughly 12x faster than Firewire 800 and 20x faster than USB 2.0. Pegasus is ideal for creative professionals, power users and consumers who desire high capacity external storage with advanced performance and enterprise level data protection.
"PROMISE is thrilled to deliver one of the first peripherals to feature the blazing speed of Thunderbolt technology," said James Lee, CEO, PROMISE Technology. "Pegasus brings groundbreaking RAID performance to creative professionals in the studio, on location and in the home. Pegasus is the ultimate complement to PROMISE's extensive storage offerings ranging from the Apple qualified VTrak subsystems to DS4600 - Direct Attached Storage for home, SOHO and AV professionals."
Pegasus gives Final Cut Studio creative professionals the ability to edit and playback multiple streams of uncompressed 8-bit and 10-bit high-definition video on the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt technology. Pegasus can also provide massive storage space for other popular Apple applications such as Aperture, Garageband, iTunes, iPhoto and iMovie and is fully compatible with Time Machine.
Thunderbolt technology offers amazing flexibility for connectivity to high-performance peripherals like Pegasus and high-resolution displays. Thunderbolt technology is capable of delivering a mind boggling two channels of 10 Gb/s per port of bandwidth, achieving a level of performance previously reserved for workstation-class peripherals and RAID enclosures. Connect multiple Pegasus enclosures to one another for additional storage up to 72 TB, or connect a high-resolution display to Pegasus for the ultimate in convenience.
Pegasus is offered as a 4-bay or 6-bay RAID enclosure supporting seven RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60. Pegasus features two Thunderbolt technology ports, a new sleek and stylish aluminum enclosure and a smart fan for reduced system noise.
Pricing and Availability
PROMISE Technology's Pegasus hardware RAID solution will be available for order from the Apple Store (www.apple.com) and authorized resellers in Q2. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
Latest News Posts
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Elgato reveals new Stream Deck streaming hub
- Battle.net client is now called 'Blizzard'
- Mass Effect: Andromeda faces prove it needed more time
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse