OCZ Technology Unveils the Vertex 3 and Vertex 3 Pro SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drives
SAN JOSE, CA-February 24, 2011-OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today unveiled its next generation Vertex 3 SATA III SSD product family, a lineup that caters to both client and enterprise applications. Harnessing the 6Gbps speed of the SATA III interface, the new series delivers double the performance of the previous generation.
The Vertex 3 is the first solution to feature the new SandForce SF-2200 SSD processor, and raises the bar in performance with up to 550MB/s read and 500MB/s write transfer rates and up to 60,000 IOPS (4k random write). This maximized speed significantly improves gaming, multimedia, and the overall computing experience over traditional mechanical hard drives, as well as other competing SSDs.
"The new Vertex 3 solid state drive series builds on the success of our previous two generations of products and delivers exceptional performance by utilizing fast synchronous mode 2Xnm MLC NAND flash technology," said Ryan Petersen, CEO of OCZ Technology Group. "These storage solutions feature both the highest sequential speeds available with a SATA 6GBps SSD and the highest IOPS of any current 2.5 inch SSD on the market today, allowing us to once again set the benchmark for industry leading SSD performance and reliability."
Also included in the new series is the enterprise-class Vertex 3 Pro which not only delivers industry-leading performance, but is optimized to provide unparalleled reliability, security, and endurance. Featuring the premium SF-2500 SSD SATA III processor, Vertex 3 Pro SSDs are the ideal solution for clients seeking enterprise-grade MLC (Multi-Level Cell) SSD storage for their server farms and IT infrastructures. Due to its ability to implement MLC, Vertex 3 Pro provides an optimized balance of reliability and component-based cost-savings, resulting in superior TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for enterprise clients.
The new Vertex 3 Series will be showcased at next week's international CeBIT tradeshow in Hanover, Germany, and will begin shipping following the event through OCZ's global channel. Vertex 3 SSDs will be available in capacities of 120GB and 240GB, while the Pro edition comes in 100GB, 200GB, and 400GB models. The entire Vertex 3 line features TRIM support to optimize performance over the drive's lifespan and a 3 year warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ"), is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid-State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4