QNAP Enhances Performance and Capabilities of its Turbo NAS with New v3.4 Software
QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class award-winning Turbo NAS servers, VioStor NVR Video Surveillance Systems, and Network-based Media Players today announced the availability of the new V3.4 NAS management software. The V3.4 NAS management software is embedded into the NAS as V3.4 firmware, which enhances several key aspects of the QNAP Turbo NAS units allowing owners to maximize their investments in a QNAP NAS. New enhancements in V3.4 include:
NEW! RAID 10 - RAID 10 combines the advantages of RAID 0 and RAID 1, which allows one disk failure from each RAID 1 pair;
NEW! Real-time Remote Replication - Allows real-time remote replication of one NAS to another over the Internet for maximum data redundancy. This feature is applicable to Intel-based NAS;
NEW! Advanced Folder Permissions - Enables you to configure access control to folders and subfolders for efficient management and better security;
NEW! ElephantDrive Cloud Storage - Lets users save backups in a cloud based storage in addition to their Turbo NAS for an off-site storage with continuous data protection;
NEW! Virtual LAN Support - You can integrate the NAS into an existing VLAN on a virtualization infrastructure and configure the NAS as the storage system for other VLAN devices. This feature is applicable to Intel-based NAS;
NEW! Download Station V2 - Now easier to use with a new AJAX interface, broadcatching support (RSS download), and enhanced overall performance;
NEW! Advanced Print Server - Now supports Internet printing with permission control as well as Bonjour printing for Mac;
New! MyCloudNAS Remote Access - MyCloudNAS is a free built-in DNS service provided for users to register a unique domain name for their NAS. It further reduces the hassle of complicated Internet registration and allows users to quickly access their NAS through the Internet;
New! USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter Support - Allows you to deploy the NAS wirelessly;
NEW! System Management Features - Import/export of users, host-based permissions control, enhanced Virtual Disk support, and direct file viewing via Google Doc;
"QNAP has once again demonstrated its commitment to all Turbo NAS users that investing in a QNAP NAS is continually rewarding" said James Wu, product manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. "QNAP protects its users by developing and deploying new features to enhance performance and usability of QNAP Turbo NAS units."
Latest News Posts
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni