Toshiba Introduces STOR.E ART 4 External HDDs with USB 3.0
Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe GmbH, today unveiled the new STOR.E ART 4 external hard disk drives featuring SuperSpeed USB technology (USB 3.0) for super-fast data transfers with a transmission rate of up to 5 Gigabit per second. The sleekly designed external hard disk drives will be available during the first quarter of 2011 throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
"USB 3.0 will become a standard feature in the computing market of the future. Toshiba anticipated this trend, and launches not only new hard disk drives but also notebooks featuring the SuperSpeed data transmission technology," said Marco Perino, General Manager Digital Products EMEA Toshiba Computer Systems. As users are increasingly storing large files such as videos, music tracks and photos, they demand a fast data connection between the backup medium and the computer. USB 3.0 offers data rates of up to 5 Gigabit per second. Compatibility to the widespread USB 2.0 ensures that computers supporting only USB 2.0 can also be used with STOR.E ART 4.
Backup technology and password-protection on board
Coming pre-loaded with NTI Backup Now EZTM, STOR.E ART 4 allows users to easily organize their backup routines. NTI BackupNow EZ software provides fully-customisable backup capabilities, including the option to backup specific folders, certain file types, and to conduct a system backup. In addition, complete password-protection with up to 256-bit data encryption prevents unauthorized access to data.
Designed to give storage a personal touch
Available in a selection of three models with red, blue, and white coloured graphical accents on a high gloss black finish STOR.E ART 4 gives customers the choice to express their personal style. It provides a capacity of up to 1TB. Thanks to the small dimensions and light weight of less than 190g, rubberised edges, a power supply via the USB connection and an embedded shock sensor protecting data stored on the disk in case of an accidental drop or shock, STOR.E ART 4 is ideal for mobile usage. It is also suitable for stationary usage, making a very smart desk accessory.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4