Toshiba Introduces STOR.E ART 4 External HDDs with USB 3.0
Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe GmbH, today unveiled the new STOR.E ART 4 external hard disk drives featuring SuperSpeed USB technology (USB 3.0) for super-fast data transfers with a transmission rate of up to 5 Gigabit per second. The sleekly designed external hard disk drives will be available during the first quarter of 2011 throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
"USB 3.0 will become a standard feature in the computing market of the future. Toshiba anticipated this trend, and launches not only new hard disk drives but also notebooks featuring the SuperSpeed data transmission technology," said Marco Perino, General Manager Digital Products EMEA Toshiba Computer Systems. As users are increasingly storing large files such as videos, music tracks and photos, they demand a fast data connection between the backup medium and the computer. USB 3.0 offers data rates of up to 5 Gigabit per second. Compatibility to the widespread USB 2.0 ensures that computers supporting only USB 2.0 can also be used with STOR.E ART 4.
Backup technology and password-protection on board
Coming pre-loaded with NTI Backup Now EZTM, STOR.E ART 4 allows users to easily organize their backup routines. NTI BackupNow EZ software provides fully-customisable backup capabilities, including the option to backup specific folders, certain file types, and to conduct a system backup. In addition, complete password-protection with up to 256-bit data encryption prevents unauthorized access to data.
Designed to give storage a personal touch
Available in a selection of three models with red, blue, and white coloured graphical accents on a high gloss black finish STOR.E ART 4 gives customers the choice to express their personal style. It provides a capacity of up to 1TB. Thanks to the small dimensions and light weight of less than 190g, rubberised edges, a power supply via the USB connection and an embedded shock sensor protecting data stored on the disk in case of an accidental drop or shock, STOR.E ART 4 is ideal for mobile usage. It is also suitable for stationary usage, making a very smart desk accessory.
Latest News Posts
- NASA says private space efforts to reach Mars will need support
- TSMC aiming for 10nm production next year, followed by 7nm in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't use Battlelog, has offline singleplayer
- Rockstar fixes login problems with the first patch for GTA V
- Sony Xperia Z4 teased thanks to WikiLeaks' dump of internal Sony docs
- MB doesn't see M.2 PCI-E SSD
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives