NVIDIA and Samsung Partner to Deliver the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Honeycomb Tablet
GALAXY Tab's Successor Powered by Tegra 2, Featuring a Dual-Core CPU plus an NVIDIA GeForce GPU That Enable Full Use of Android 3.0
SINGAPORE - February 14, 2011-NVIDIA and Samsung Electronics announced today the Galaxy Tab 10.1, a 10.1-inch screen tablet which uses the NVIDIA® Tegra 2 mobile super chip to take full advantage of the Android 3.0 (also known as Honeycomb) user interface.
While the previous 7-inch GALAXY Tab introduced the Android tablet space, the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet maximises the entertainment on-the-go experience. It features the Tegra 2 chip's dual-core CPU and GeForce GPU for faster Web browsing, snappier response time and overall better performance.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 utilises the Tegra 2 chip to power Honeycomb, the first GPU-accelerated user interface designed for tablets and other larger-screen devices.
The new Samsung tablet with Tegra 2 enables consumers to engage in multitasking, surf the web quickly with fast-loading Web pages and Flash-based content, enjoy console-quality gaming and savor HD movies.
"Our first GALAXY Tab successfully defined a new generation of Android tablets," said Hyungmoon Noh, VP of R&D Strategy Group, at Samsung. "We've worked closely with NVIDIA to raise the stakes again. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, with Honeycomb and Tegra 2, provide the optimal entertainment and multimedia experience without compromising mobility Samsung is known for."
"Samsung's latest tablet with the Tegra 2 mobile super chip and Honeycomb is a great example of what we've come to expect from one of the world's most innovative companies," said Michael Rayfield, General Manager of the Mobile business at NVIDIA.
The companies are also partnering to bring a new Android-based super phone with a dual-core CPU to consumers, for never-before-seen experiences.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from tablets and portable media players to notebooks and workstations.
NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. The Company holds more than 1,700 patents worldwide, including ones covering designs and insights that are essential to modern computing. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording