NAVIGON Announces Navigation App for Samsung Bada Smartphones in Australia
Expanding the Partnership with Samsung, NAVIGON select App for bada will be Available in Q1 2011
Barcelona, Mobile World Congress, February 14, 2011 - NAVIGON AG, a world leading manufacturer of navigation solutions, today announced it will extend its partnership with Samsung Electronics Australia and launch a navigation app for its bada® powered smartphones. The NAVIGON select app will be pre-installed on selected Samsung devices. The award-winning navigation app transforms bada smartphones into premium turn-by-turn navigation devices. The base version will be available free for Samsung customers and includes many of NAVIGON's handy navigation functions. NAVIGON also plans to offer additional feature packages with premium functions, such as Reality View Pro, Traffic Live and Lane Assistant.
"We are excited to further extend our successful partnership with Samsung in Australia to launch a navigation app for bada smartphones," said Gerhard Mayr, vice president world-wide mobile phone business. "Our customisable app model that lets our customers pick and choose the features they want has been highly successful and we took the same approach for our Bada app."
"Following the success of bringing NAVIGON to our Android-powered GALAXY S and GALAXY Tab devices, we're excited to be able to extend this offering to our bada platform," said Tyler McGee, Vice President of Telecommunications Samsung Electronics Australia. "We continually look for opportunities to add further value to our customers through delivering new content and apps on our devices. Navigation solutions are much sought after by consumers and NAVIGON's select app will be a welcome addition for bada customers."
The base version includes maps for Australia and a comprehensive feature set for reliable navigation - including "2D Map View", "Extended Destination Information", "Smart Speller" and "POI Search". Detailed spoken directions will guide users even through complex turning manoeuvres. Pedestrian navigation allows continue by foot after leaving the car. NAVIGON select Samsung Edition bada is an onboard navigation system that stores the entire map material on the phone. This means no Internet connection is required during navigation or address search. The navigation application is fully customised to the bada user-interface and allows intuitive operation.
Additional packages will also be available soon for Samsung devices with the bada operating system. Users will be able to upgrade their navigation product according to their own preferences within the first quarter of 2011.
NAVIGON select Samsung Edition bada Functions
- Australia & New Zealand On-board Map
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Reality View Light
- 2D Map View
- Extended Destination Information
- Smart Speller
- POI Search
- Day and Night Mode
- Pedestrian Navigation
- Switching between portrait and landscape modes
For further product information, please visit: http://www.navigon.com.
NAVIGON AG is a world leading provider of premium navigation technology. NAVIGON delivers software on mobile phone platforms and for the automotive industry as well as branded personal navigation devices. The company has partnerships with leading consumer electronics companies and stands for high quality products, innovation and elegant design. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON is present in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South Africa. - NAVIGON. And the world is yours.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines