NAVIGON Announces Navigation App for Samsung Bada Smartphones in Australia
Expanding the Partnership with Samsung, NAVIGON select App for bada will be Available in Q1 2011
Barcelona, Mobile World Congress, February 14, 2011 - NAVIGON AG, a world leading manufacturer of navigation solutions, today announced it will extend its partnership with Samsung Electronics Australia and launch a navigation app for its bada® powered smartphones. The NAVIGON select app will be pre-installed on selected Samsung devices. The award-winning navigation app transforms bada smartphones into premium turn-by-turn navigation devices. The base version will be available free for Samsung customers and includes many of NAVIGON's handy navigation functions. NAVIGON also plans to offer additional feature packages with premium functions, such as Reality View Pro, Traffic Live and Lane Assistant.
"We are excited to further extend our successful partnership with Samsung in Australia to launch a navigation app for bada smartphones," said Gerhard Mayr, vice president world-wide mobile phone business. "Our customisable app model that lets our customers pick and choose the features they want has been highly successful and we took the same approach for our Bada app."
"Following the success of bringing NAVIGON to our Android-powered GALAXY S and GALAXY Tab devices, we're excited to be able to extend this offering to our bada platform," said Tyler McGee, Vice President of Telecommunications Samsung Electronics Australia. "We continually look for opportunities to add further value to our customers through delivering new content and apps on our devices. Navigation solutions are much sought after by consumers and NAVIGON's select app will be a welcome addition for bada customers."
The base version includes maps for Australia and a comprehensive feature set for reliable navigation - including "2D Map View", "Extended Destination Information", "Smart Speller" and "POI Search". Detailed spoken directions will guide users even through complex turning manoeuvres. Pedestrian navigation allows continue by foot after leaving the car. NAVIGON select Samsung Edition bada is an onboard navigation system that stores the entire map material on the phone. This means no Internet connection is required during navigation or address search. The navigation application is fully customised to the bada user-interface and allows intuitive operation.
Additional packages will also be available soon for Samsung devices with the bada operating system. Users will be able to upgrade their navigation product according to their own preferences within the first quarter of 2011.
NAVIGON select Samsung Edition bada Functions
- Australia & New Zealand On-board Map
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Reality View Light
- 2D Map View
- Extended Destination Information
- Smart Speller
- POI Search
- Day and Night Mode
- Pedestrian Navigation
- Switching between portrait and landscape modes
For further product information, please visit: http://www.navigon.com.
NAVIGON AG is a world leading provider of premium navigation technology. NAVIGON delivers software on mobile phone platforms and for the automotive industry as well as branded personal navigation devices. The company has partnerships with leading consumer electronics companies and stands for high quality products, innovation and elegant design. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON is present in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South Africa. - NAVIGON. And the world is yours.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning