Acer GN245HQ Becomes First 3D Monitor to Support HDMI 3D Solution from NVIDIA
Acer, always at the forefront in offering technologically advanced solutions, now presents the GN245HQ, the first 3D monitor in the world to support the HDMI 3D solution from NVIDIA, enabling users to fully appreciate the array of possibilities brought by the stereoscopic technology.
Offering powerful and exciting graphics as well as top-notch technology, the GN245HQ 3D monitor is particularly well suited for gaming and enjoying movies: the perfect solution for tech-savvy users and gaming enthusiasts.
Acer's new combines Full HD 3D imagery via HDMI 3D or DVI-DL (dual link) connectivity with NVIDIA 3D vision, setting the standard for enhanced 3D multimedia, literally projecting the user into the action for a sensation of full immersion. This effective yet simple solution is ideal for enhanced home entertainment. With the included NVIDIA 3D glasses, featuring advanced active shutter 3D technology, combined with the monitor's built-in IR emitter, you can enjoy your favorite movies or games with your friends, as multiple pair of glasses can be used simultaneously.
What's more, with the integrated IR emitter and HDMI 3D connectivity, the GN245HQ display breaks free from the PC and lets you enjoy 3D TV broadcasting via a set-top box, the best in 3D movies via Blu-ray Disc player, stunning pictures from a 3D camera, and immersive 3D games using a HDMI 3D game console.
This monitor is also ready to let you experience and appreciate new ways of learning that are more compelling and fun, with applications that will literally transport you in the middle of an archaeological site, around the universe or inside the human body.
But enhanced 3D technology is not enough to sum up the GN245HQ. This monitors packs high-end features, to ensure the best viewing experience: an unmatched 100 million:1 contrast ratio for stunning picture quality; Full HD resolution (1920x1080) perfect for 1080p Full HD applications; a spacious 60cm (23.6") LED backlit panel with a 16:9 aspect ratio, ideal to watch movies with the same immersive splendour of a theatre screen; a 120Hz refresh rate, essential for creating the 3D effect and a response time of just 2ms, the utmost in reactivity for real-time gaming.
While offering impressive visuals, the GN245HQ is also a striking sight. A futuristic style with clean, severe lines and sharply angled surfaces underlined its strong character. The elaborate design of the base conveys speed and performance evoking today's fast paced videogames. The power button blends seamlessly with the eye-catching bezel, highlighting the care in designing even the tiniest detail.
The GN245HQ falls under Acer's range of EcoDisplays. Making all efforts to reduce our footprint on the environment is the responsibility of everyone today. This is why Acer is committed to developing monitors with an energy saving design, that are mercury free and made of easily recyclable materials. To ensure lower power consumption white LED backlighting technology was adopted, replacing the four lamp design with two lamps, for up to 68% power saving. In addition, LED lamps are mercury-free and safer for the environment whilst delivering better performance. Acer 3D monitors meet stringent industry standards and are compliant with RoHS (the EU directive restricting the usage of hazardous substances) and ENERGY STAR requirements. Lower energy consumption not only helps reducing costs but also preserves resources and the environment for future generations. Plus, packaging is kept to the minimum and made of recyclable materials.
The Acer GN245HQ display is supplied with a 2 year C&R warranty and will be available from mid March with a SRRP of £419.99 inc VAT.
Latest News Posts
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines