AMD Powers World's First ATI CrossFireX High Performance Notebook by Alienware
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics and ATI CrossFireX technology pack an unprecedented 640 stream processors into a single notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- November 4, 2008 --High-performance gaming notebook manufacturer Alienware is putting two powerful ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics processors from AMD (NYSE:AMD) in the Alienware M17 notebook PC. The Alienware M17 is the world's first notebook from a major manufacturer to include the raw horsepower of AMD's award-winning ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology with Microsoft® Direct® X 10.1 support.
"The M17, loaded with all the capabilities of ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, delivers outstanding performance at an extremely aggressive price point," said Patrick Cooper, director of product planning, Alienware. "Paired with an award-winning chassis design, mobile gamers will be blown away by the realism that the scalable ATI graphics solution provides."
"As a strong indicator of AMD visual computing leadership, Alienware has chosen AMD's amazing graphics technology for their M17 notebook to provide gamers with truly exciting gameplay experiences," said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Products Group, AMD. "The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series offers support for the latest Microsoft DirectX 10.1 games with incredible levels of performance. When two ATI Mobility Radeon 3800 series graphics processor units (GPUs) are combined using AMD's ATI CrossFireX technology, the result is blistering speed and an astonishing gaming experience for gamers on the go."
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics deliver the unparalleled power of HD computing. Notebook users can enjoy an industry-leading HD gaming experience thanks to support for Microsoft DirectX 10.1 for lifelike realism, amazing lighting effects and astounding performance found in such games as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky from GSC and BattleForge from Phenomic.
The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series delivers support for Blu-ray and high-definition video backed by AMD's Unified Video Decoder to ensure smooth HD media playback with sharp, crisp images and vibrant colors.
For more information about ATI Graphics, please visit: http://www.amd.com.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications