AMD Powers World's First ATI CrossFireX High Performance Notebook by Alienware
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics and ATI CrossFireX technology pack an unprecedented 640 stream processors into a single notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- November 4, 2008 --High-performance gaming notebook manufacturer Alienware is putting two powerful ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics processors from AMD (NYSE:AMD) in the Alienware M17 notebook PC. The Alienware M17 is the world's first notebook from a major manufacturer to include the raw horsepower of AMD's award-winning ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology with Microsoft® Direct® X 10.1 support.
"The M17, loaded with all the capabilities of ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, delivers outstanding performance at an extremely aggressive price point," said Patrick Cooper, director of product planning, Alienware. "Paired with an award-winning chassis design, mobile gamers will be blown away by the realism that the scalable ATI graphics solution provides."
"As a strong indicator of AMD visual computing leadership, Alienware has chosen AMD's amazing graphics technology for their M17 notebook to provide gamers with truly exciting gameplay experiences," said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Products Group, AMD. "The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series offers support for the latest Microsoft DirectX 10.1 games with incredible levels of performance. When two ATI Mobility Radeon 3800 series graphics processor units (GPUs) are combined using AMD's ATI CrossFireX technology, the result is blistering speed and an astonishing gaming experience for gamers on the go."
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics deliver the unparalleled power of HD computing. Notebook users can enjoy an industry-leading HD gaming experience thanks to support for Microsoft DirectX 10.1 for lifelike realism, amazing lighting effects and astounding performance found in such games as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky from GSC and BattleForge from Phenomic.
The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series delivers support for Blu-ray and high-definition video backed by AMD's Unified Video Decoder to ensure smooth HD media playback with sharp, crisp images and vibrant colors.
For more information about ATI Graphics, please visit: http://www.amd.com.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- The Galaxy S8+ is official and it looks marvelous
- It's official! Samsung announces the Galaxy S8
- Destiny 2 content timed exclusive to PS4 until 2018
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design