AMD Powers World's First ATI CrossFireX High Performance Notebook by Alienware
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics and ATI CrossFireX technology pack an unprecedented 640 stream processors into a single notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- November 4, 2008 --High-performance gaming notebook manufacturer Alienware is putting two powerful ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics processors from AMD (NYSE:AMD) in the Alienware M17 notebook PC. The Alienware M17 is the world's first notebook from a major manufacturer to include the raw horsepower of AMD's award-winning ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology with Microsoft® Direct® X 10.1 support.
"The M17, loaded with all the capabilities of ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, delivers outstanding performance at an extremely aggressive price point," said Patrick Cooper, director of product planning, Alienware. "Paired with an award-winning chassis design, mobile gamers will be blown away by the realism that the scalable ATI graphics solution provides."
"As a strong indicator of AMD visual computing leadership, Alienware has chosen AMD's amazing graphics technology for their M17 notebook to provide gamers with truly exciting gameplay experiences," said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Products Group, AMD. "The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series offers support for the latest Microsoft DirectX 10.1 games with incredible levels of performance. When two ATI Mobility Radeon 3800 series graphics processor units (GPUs) are combined using AMD's ATI CrossFireX technology, the result is blistering speed and an astonishing gaming experience for gamers on the go."
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series graphics deliver the unparalleled power of HD computing. Notebook users can enjoy an industry-leading HD gaming experience thanks to support for Microsoft DirectX 10.1 for lifelike realism, amazing lighting effects and astounding performance found in such games as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky from GSC and BattleForge from Phenomic.
The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series delivers support for Blu-ray and high-definition video backed by AMD's Unified Video Decoder to ensure smooth HD media playback with sharp, crisp images and vibrant colors.
For more information about ATI Graphics, please visit: http://www.amd.com.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X