NAVIGON Reaches Two Million App Users Worldwide
Celebrates with 50 Percent off for All MobileNavigator Apps for Four Days Only
Sydney, February 10, 2011 - NAVIGON AG, a leading provider of mobile phone on-board navigation, today announced over two million users worldwide for its smartphone navigation apps. In celebration of the important milestone, NAVIGON reduces the price on each version of MobileNavigator Android and iPhone by 50 percent for four days. Current users can take advantage of the promotion with prices for In App Purchases 25 percent off. MobileNavigator turns smartphones and tablets into navigation solutions that work like standalone units.
"Our two million users clearly show that premium navigation apps for smartphones are in high demand. Consumers realise the benefits of a premium on-board navigation app like MobileNavigator with all its dedicated driving features, such as traffic rerouting, lane and speed guidance 3D views and more," said Gerhard Mayr, vice-president worldwide mobile phone business, NAVIGON. "Our 50 percent off promotion is an ideal opportunity to take advantage of all these features at a very attractive price."
NAVIGON MobileNavigator is available in Australia for Android smartphones and tablets, the iPhone and iPad. The app carries the complete map material within the phone. It relies on the GPS receiver, independent from a cell or wireless signal, providing directions and recalculations even when no cell phone signal is available.
The Android version features an industry- first Reality Scanner function that projects points of interest icons directly onto a camera view, helping to find POI's nearby. NAVIGON MobileNavigator* for iOS is the first universal navigation app of a major GPS company that runs natively on the iPhone and the iPad. Users with MobileNavigator installed can use the app on both devices without extra charges. It utilises the iPad's large display and user interface with a higher resolution, and new menus. Route planning is convenient on the iPad, showing a large scrollable, multi-touch map to select destinations in simple taps.
Pricing and Availability
MobileNavigator Australia: $89.99 (on sale for $44.99)
MobileNavigator New Zealand: $84.99 (on sale for $44.99)
In App Purchases
Panorama View 3D: $9.99 (on sale for $6.99)
Traffic Live: $29.99 (on sale for $19.99)
MobileNavigator Australia: $89.99 (on sale for $39.99)
Samsung Navigation Android Packages
The Safety & Relax Package: $19.95 (on sale for $12.95)
The Sound & Fun Package: $14.95 (on sale for $9.95)
The Traffic Live Package: $29.95 (on sale for $19.95)
NAVIGON will be showcasing its smartphone navigation apps at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona (Feb 14-17) at booth 7D36 in Hall 7.
*MobileNavigator 1.7.0 is compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G and iPad 3G. The app also runs on first generation iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad WLAN, but third party accessories for GPS reception are required for these devices. *iOS4 multitasking is supported by the iPhone 4 and 3GS only.
For more information, please visit: http://www.navigon.com.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis