MSI Unleashes R6870 HAWK Graphics Card with Propeller Blade Technology
After having swept through the global market with the dominating N460GTX Hawk, world-renowned graphics card and mainboard manufacturer MSI announces the next-generation Hawk series, the R6870 Hawk graphics card. Equipped with the advanced Twin Frozr III thermal design, the all new R6870 Hawk is the world's first graphics card to use propeller blade technology. When compared to traditional fans, the air flow is increased by 20%, allowing the GPU temperature to be up to 21 degrees lower. Furthermore, it uses the 8+2 phase PWM design to provide the GPU with 2 times the power supply, along with triple overvoltage functions that allow further evolution of R6870 Hawk's overclocking capability. The R6870 Hawk has the most perfect performance blend of cooling, power components, stability, and high performance found on a graphics card today.
MSI exclusive propeller blade technology: Air flow increased by 20%
The R6870 Hawk is equipped with the advanced version of Twin Frozr III cooling design with the MSI-exclusive propeller blade technology. When compared with traditional fan blade design, it not only increases the air flow by 20%, but the grooved surface on the fan blade further extends the range of air flow, removing more heat generated by the graphics card's materials and parts. Additionally, dual 8cm PWM fans, SuperPipe technology and a nickel-plated copper base allow the heat to be removed quickly and effectively. When compared to the reference design, the GPU temperature is decreased by up to 21 degrees, completely validating the excellent cooling effects of the next-generation Twin Frozr III thermal design.
Considering the diversity of graphic card users, MSI has developed the exclusive P/S Switch function for users to adjust fan speed between the Performance Mode and Silent Mode. The former emphasizes an enhanced cooling power that can significantly reduce GPU temperature to keep the graphic card at the optimal working condition, while the latter stresses on quiet operations for users to keep noise minimal while playing games or watching a movie. As both modes deliver excellent cooling performance, even the pickiest power users can always keep the environment under control according to their needs.
PWM enhancement and triple overvoltage support Over-clocking potential outbreak
In order to provide users with the optimal display performance, the R6870 Hawk uses the 8+2 phase PWM design. Compared to the 4+1 design for the reference design, it provides twice the power support, increasing overclocking stability. Together with MSI's exclusive Afterburner overclocking software, the R6870 Hawk supports GPU/Memory/VDDCI triple voltage adjustment, increasing the overclocking potential.
Besides the unique power and voltage design, through V-Check Points users can easily use a multi-meter and monitor the GPU/Memory/VDDCI voltage status. Overclocking is also made easy and simple on the R6870 Hawk by using the Afterburner overclocking software to monitor all aspects of graphics card performance, as well as save up to 5 user-defined overclocking profiles.
Carefully selected top-class materials
MSI's R6870 Hawk graphics card uses the newest Military Class Components such as Hi-C CAP, Super Ferrite Choke (SFC), and all-solid capacitors to enhance the overclocking headroom under high-load conditions. Hi-C CAPs have a lifespan 8 times that of traditional solid capacitors, increasing GPU stability and lifespan of the graphics card, while SFCs improves efficiency by 10% while increasing the maximum current output by 30%.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- body to struggle with Mental Health
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015