AMD Fusion APUs Accelerate Flash Player 10.2
AMD low-power APUs, discrete GPUs enable hardware-accelerated HD video playback
SUNNYVALE, CA -2/8/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, released today, is fully supported on PC platforms powered by low-power AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), enhancing video playback capabilities for users.
AMD and Adobe worked together to enable 1080p high-definition (HD) video playback performance via improved video hardware acceleration capabilities on all devices based on the AMD 2011 low-power platform (formerly codenamed "Brazos"), as well as other platforms employing AMD graphics. With the release of Flash Player 10.2, enhanced 1080p playback capabilities are enabled by AMD's low-power C-Series and E-Series processors, including C-30, C-50 and E-350, offering a more vivid video experience to users of HD netbooks, notebooks and tablets.
"AMD and Adobe worked together to enable AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology through Flash Player 10.2 to bring users an enriched, more vivid video experience," said John Taylor, director of Client Product and Software Marketing, AMD. "Adobe continues to work towards ensuring top-notch delivery of web and video content, and remains the number one video platform on the web today. By harnessing the power of hardware acceleration, the new player delivers video that looks and performs better than ever before."
"With each software update we further adapt Flash Player to leverage the latest powerful processing technology developed by companies like AMD," said Anup Murarka, director, Product Marketing, Flash Platform at Adobe. "This version of Flash Player delivers best-in-class video across screens and browsers by enabling access to hardware acceleration of the entire video pipeline. Our goal is to continually deliver a rich consumer PC and device experience, which is made possible by working with partners like AMD."
Enhanced Playback via Graphics Hardware Acceleration
The advanced video delivery performance of Adobe Flash Player 10.2 is made possible via the StageVideo API, which offers new capabilities to developers to help web sites deliver beautiful, high-performance video across devices and browsers by enabling hardware acceleration of the entire video pipeline. Stage Video hardware acceleration allows web sites with Stage Video support to deliver online streaming video by quickly accessing the power of the GPU within an AMD Fusion APU. This new graphics hardware acceleration model minimizes the involvement of the CPU in the video pipeline, delivering great efficiency and smoother video playback to users.
In addition to support from the AMD Fusion Family of APUs, AMD and Adobe have worked together to enable AMD Radeon discrete GPUs to support and accelerate Adobe Flash player 10.2. AMD Radeon GPUs offer support for Stage Video, as well as GPU offload to enhance performance. AMD graphics offer the ability to perform video post-processing for an outstanding HD experience.
Flash Player 10.2 will be accelerated on notebook and desktop platforms featuring AMD graphics, including:
- ATI Radeon HD 4000 and HD 5000 Series graphics and AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series graphics
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4000 Series graphics (and higher) and AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
- ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series integrated graphics (and higher)
- ATI FirePro V3750, V5700, V7750, V8700 and V8750 graphics accelerators (and later)
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of solutions including PCs, game consoles and the servers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY