SAPPHIRE launches XtendTV
Watch favourite home TV programmes anywhere in the world!
Leading graphics card supplier, SAPPHIRE Technology has just launched a new TV tuner card with a difference - the SAPPHIRE HD 5570 XtendTV card.
The SAPPHIRE HD 5570 XtendTV card is a single slot PCI-Express graphics card with 1GB of GDDR5 memory and HDMI and DVI outputs - and a built in programmable TV tuner. Connected to a standard TV antenna signal, it will receive and decode all of the local free to air TV and radio stations*. Just as with a regular TV tuner, the user can watch TV on the host PC using Media Center - record, save and playback programs at will.
But XtendTV does more. Installing the FlexiStream software on the PC in which the card is installed enables the PC as a streaming server and users can watch all of their home TV programmes anywhere in the world using the XtendTV client on a remote PC or laptop**.
Based on FlexiTV and FlexiStream technologies from Mirics, the SAPPHIRE XtendTV solution uses the Accelerated Parallel Processing (stream processing) capability of the on-board HD 5570 graphics chip to decode the TV signals smoothly and to compress the stream for viewing over the internet.
No licence or IP issues !
With SAPPHIRE Xtend TV you are watching programmes on your own PC - streamed to you over the internet on a one-to-one basis - so there are no blocks on the availability of programmes wherever you may be - and no additional licence required.
SAPPHIRE HD 5570
The HD 5570 is a member of the SAPPHIRE HD 5000 series which is supported by AMD's Catalyst DirectX 11 WHQL certified graphics driver. This generation of hardware delivers support for all of the key Microsoft DirectX 11 level features including DirectCompute 11 instructions, hardware Tessellation and multi-threaded communications with the system CPU. It also supports Accelerated Parallel Processing, accelerating supported applications such as video transcoding and rendering tasks by executing instructions on the GPU architecture rather than the system CPU.
Ideal for media applications, all members of the SAPPHIRE HD 5570 series have an on board hardware UVD (Unified Video Decoder) considerably reducing CPU load and delivering smooth decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, as well as Mpeg files. In the SAPPHIRE HD 5000 series the UVD has been enhanced to be able simultaneously to decode two 1080p HD video streams and to be able to display HD video in high quality with Windows Aero mode enabled. It supports HDMI 1.3a with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
About Mirics technology
Mirics FlexiTV is a multi-standard broadcast TV receiver for personal computer and portable processor-based devices. Using the PC's processor for demodulation, any digital TV and radio standard can be received, resulting in a highly optimized multi-standard receiver platform. This allows maximum standards flexibility, and a single hardware design for worldwide terrestrial TV and radio reception.
FlexiStream is an innovative extension to the FlexiTV platform. FlexiStream utilizes a FlexiTV-enabled home-server (such as a desktop PC) for local reception, viewing and recording of live broadcast content. The FlexiStream server software then provides real-time re-formatting and IP-streaming of the live or previously recorded TV to a portable device featuring the FlexiStream client software - anywhere in the world.
Note* - DVB-T only at launch.
Note** - Other portable apps in development.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X