Intel Provides Update on Support Chip Design Issue
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 7, 2011 - On January 31, 2011, Intel disclosed a design issue with a support chip, the Intel® 6 Series Chipset that has the potential to impact certain PC system configurations. Intel subsequently initiated extensive discussions with computer makers about this topic. Both Intel and its customers are focused on delivering the highest quality PC systems based on Intel® 2nd Generation Core® Processors. As a result of these discussions and specific requests from computer makers, Intel is resuming shipments of the Intel® 6 Series Chipset for use only in PC system configurations that are not impacted by the design issue.
Only computer makers who have committed to shipping the Intel® 6 Series Chipset in PC system configurations that are not impacted by the design issue will be receiving these shipments.
This resumption of shipments of the Intel® 6 Series Chipset is not changing the company's updated first quarter 2011 and full-year financial Outlook published on January 31st.
In parallel, Intel has started manufacturing on a new version of this support chip. Intel now expects to begin shipping the new parts in mid February.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Slightly Mad Studios says that Project Cars 'loves' DirectX 12
- Internet playboy celebrity called out - Dan Bilzerian shares morals
- ASUS set to unveil a new Android tablet line called ZenPad at Computex
- Naughty Dog rumored to soon unveil Uncharted Remastered for the PS4
- Colorful is aiming to become second largest GPU vendor
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015