Intel Provides Update on Support Chip Design Issue
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 7, 2011 - On January 31, 2011, Intel disclosed a design issue with a support chip, the Intel® 6 Series Chipset that has the potential to impact certain PC system configurations. Intel subsequently initiated extensive discussions with computer makers about this topic. Both Intel and its customers are focused on delivering the highest quality PC systems based on Intel® 2nd Generation Core® Processors. As a result of these discussions and specific requests from computer makers, Intel is resuming shipments of the Intel® 6 Series Chipset for use only in PC system configurations that are not impacted by the design issue.
Only computer makers who have committed to shipping the Intel® 6 Series Chipset in PC system configurations that are not impacted by the design issue will be receiving these shipments.
This resumption of shipments of the Intel® 6 Series Chipset is not changing the company's updated first quarter 2011 and full-year financial Outlook published on January 31st.
In parallel, Intel has started manufacturing on a new version of this support chip. Intel now expects to begin shipping the new parts in mid February.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS