Plextor Launch Super-Speedy 12X External Blu-ray Writer
Plextor have expanded their high-performance optical storage portfolio with the addition of the PX-LB950UE - their first external Blu-ray Writer. The PX-LB950UE boasts a combination of an incredibly fast 12x writing speed with USB 3.0 technology, advanced software applications and a stylish external chassis designed to offer reliability, accuracy and low noise.
Every facet of the PX-B950UE has been designed to provide home and business users with a high performance, easy to use and versatile solution for backing-up large quantities of data or enjoying their favourite Blu-ray movies. The PX-LB950UE is available across the UK and Europe from February at an RRP of approximately £179.
Exceptionally fast 12x Blu-ray Writing Speed
Portable and Stylish External Design
USB 3.0 for faster data transfers
Advanced Software including PlexUtilities
LightScribe disc labelling technology
2 year on-site warranty
High speed and high capacity for the most convenient archiving solution:
With an incredibly fast recording speed of 12x, the PX-LB950UE writer makes use of super-speedy USB 3.0 and eSATA connections to optimise the transfer times when writing and playing-back data - and maintains compatibility with older USB 2.0 systems for full versatility.
The PX-LB950UE is a perfect solution for home and business users who want to back-up large quantities of data without the hassle of waiting around. Double-Layer Blu-Ray media allows up to 50GB of storage per disc - that's the equivalent of 10 DVDs, 72 CDs or over 9 hours of HD video.
Thoughtful external design offers portability, accuracy and reliability:
The PX-LB950UE is usefully packed inside a portable and stylish external casing. Its design not only looks the part in a high-gloss piano black, but has been constructed to ensure maximum reliability and accuracy whilst using the drive.
The external chassis channels airflow to keep the drive cooler and extending its lifetime and reliability. A low vibration system and high 8MB buffer ensures greater accuracy at higher writing speeds, whilst the low noise output leads to smooth Blu-ray playback for uninterrupted movie enjoyment.
These top features combine to bring users a full movie experience on any suitable PC, including superb surround sound, mind-blowing HD quality and fluid visuals.
High performance software for effortless back-ups:
The PX-LB950UE is bundled with the advanced CyberLink Blu-Ray and DVD Playback software and recording applications, including 3D compatibility.
PlexUtilities software is also included with the drive, which offers a comprehensive and user-friendly selection of tools to assist users to test, tune and view information about the drive and writing performance.
LightScribe adds a professional finishing touch:
Lightscribe is an innovative technology that uses the laser in compatible drives to'draw' high quality images on the top of specially produced discs. It provides the ultimate professional finish and makes creased labels and smudged pen a thing of
Exceptional warranty terms offer complete peace of mind:
Unlike many others of its kind, the PX-LB950UE offers an added level of reassurance with the Plextor 'Fast Warranty Service' - a 2 year on-site warranty across the EU, Norway and Switzerland (1 year elsewhere) - so users can feel secure in the knowledge that their must-have device is covered for longer.
Latest News Posts
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications