Plextor Launch Super-Speedy 12X External Blu-ray Writer
Plextor have expanded their high-performance optical storage portfolio with the addition of the PX-LB950UE - their first external Blu-ray Writer. The PX-LB950UE boasts a combination of an incredibly fast 12x writing speed with USB 3.0 technology, advanced software applications and a stylish external chassis designed to offer reliability, accuracy and low noise.
Every facet of the PX-B950UE has been designed to provide home and business users with a high performance, easy to use and versatile solution for backing-up large quantities of data or enjoying their favourite Blu-ray movies. The PX-LB950UE is available across the UK and Europe from February at an RRP of approximately £179.
Exceptionally fast 12x Blu-ray Writing Speed
Portable and Stylish External Design
USB 3.0 for faster data transfers
Advanced Software including PlexUtilities
LightScribe disc labelling technology
2 year on-site warranty
High speed and high capacity for the most convenient archiving solution:
With an incredibly fast recording speed of 12x, the PX-LB950UE writer makes use of super-speedy USB 3.0 and eSATA connections to optimise the transfer times when writing and playing-back data - and maintains compatibility with older USB 2.0 systems for full versatility.
The PX-LB950UE is a perfect solution for home and business users who want to back-up large quantities of data without the hassle of waiting around. Double-Layer Blu-Ray media allows up to 50GB of storage per disc - that's the equivalent of 10 DVDs, 72 CDs or over 9 hours of HD video.
Thoughtful external design offers portability, accuracy and reliability:
The PX-LB950UE is usefully packed inside a portable and stylish external casing. Its design not only looks the part in a high-gloss piano black, but has been constructed to ensure maximum reliability and accuracy whilst using the drive.
The external chassis channels airflow to keep the drive cooler and extending its lifetime and reliability. A low vibration system and high 8MB buffer ensures greater accuracy at higher writing speeds, whilst the low noise output leads to smooth Blu-ray playback for uninterrupted movie enjoyment.
These top features combine to bring users a full movie experience on any suitable PC, including superb surround sound, mind-blowing HD quality and fluid visuals.
High performance software for effortless back-ups:
The PX-LB950UE is bundled with the advanced CyberLink Blu-Ray and DVD Playback software and recording applications, including 3D compatibility.
PlexUtilities software is also included with the drive, which offers a comprehensive and user-friendly selection of tools to assist users to test, tune and view information about the drive and writing performance.
LightScribe adds a professional finishing touch:
Lightscribe is an innovative technology that uses the laser in compatible drives to'draw' high quality images on the top of specially produced discs. It provides the ultimate professional finish and makes creased labels and smudged pen a thing of
Exceptional warranty terms offer complete peace of mind:
Unlike many others of its kind, the PX-LB950UE offers an added level of reassurance with the Plextor 'Fast Warranty Service' - a 2 year on-site warranty across the EU, Norway and Switzerland (1 year elsewhere) - so users can feel secure in the knowledge that their must-have device is covered for longer.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines