GIGABYTE retrive announcement for Intel 6-series B2 stepping based motherboards
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY has received an official announcement from Intel indicating the Intel 6-Series chipset design error and has implemented a silicon fix. Please see this link for more information: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-032263.htm
As the No.1 motherboard manufacturer, GIGABYTE will make its best effort to recall boards that were built on the mentioned chipsets from our distributors with minimum disruptions.
As of today, we have suspended the entire 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards shipments. According to Intel's production schedule, the 6 Series B3 stepping Express Chipset will be available in volume by April. GIGABYTE will then, based on this shipping schedule, produce new motherboard models with the new B3 stepping.
1. GIGABYTE has stopped shipping and selling all Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards.
2. All GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards are being retrieved from our distributors and dealers.
3. Any sold GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards should be returned and accepted from authorized Gigabyte dealers.
4. The new B3 stepping chipset should be available toward the end of February. GIGABYTE will work with Intel closely to make the new motherboards become available to customers sometime in April.
5. GIGABYTE will introduce a brand-new 6 Series motherboard line based on the Intel 6 Series B3 stepping chipset.
GIGABYTE prides itself in having the highest service quality in the industry, and as such we will resolve this issue with minimal impact on our customers. Should you have any questions, please contact GIGABYTE customer service for further assistance or visit http://www.gigabyte.us for details.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now