GIGABYTE retrive announcement for Intel 6-series B2 stepping based motherboards
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY has received an official announcement from Intel indicating the Intel 6-Series chipset design error and has implemented a silicon fix. Please see this link for more information: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-032263.htm
As the No.1 motherboard manufacturer, GIGABYTE will make its best effort to recall boards that were built on the mentioned chipsets from our distributors with minimum disruptions.
As of today, we have suspended the entire 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards shipments. According to Intel's production schedule, the 6 Series B3 stepping Express Chipset will be available in volume by April. GIGABYTE will then, based on this shipping schedule, produce new motherboard models with the new B3 stepping.
1. GIGABYTE has stopped shipping and selling all Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards.
2. All GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards are being retrieved from our distributors and dealers.
3. Any sold GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards should be returned and accepted from authorized Gigabyte dealers.
4. The new B3 stepping chipset should be available toward the end of February. GIGABYTE will work with Intel closely to make the new motherboards become available to customers sometime in April.
5. GIGABYTE will introduce a brand-new 6 Series motherboard line based on the Intel 6 Series B3 stepping chipset.
GIGABYTE prides itself in having the highest service quality in the industry, and as such we will resolve this issue with minimal impact on our customers. Should you have any questions, please contact GIGABYTE customer service for further assistance or visit http://www.gigabyte.us for details.
Latest News Posts
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!