GIGABYTE retrive announcement for Intel 6-series B2 stepping based motherboards
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY has received an official announcement from Intel indicating the Intel 6-Series chipset design error and has implemented a silicon fix. Please see this link for more information: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-032263.htm
As the No.1 motherboard manufacturer, GIGABYTE will make its best effort to recall boards that were built on the mentioned chipsets from our distributors with minimum disruptions.
As of today, we have suspended the entire 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards shipments. According to Intel's production schedule, the 6 Series B3 stepping Express Chipset will be available in volume by April. GIGABYTE will then, based on this shipping schedule, produce new motherboard models with the new B3 stepping.
1. GIGABYTE has stopped shipping and selling all Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards.
2. All GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards are being retrieved from our distributors and dealers.
3. Any sold GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards should be returned and accepted from authorized Gigabyte dealers.
4. The new B3 stepping chipset should be available toward the end of February. GIGABYTE will work with Intel closely to make the new motherboards become available to customers sometime in April.
5. GIGABYTE will introduce a brand-new 6 Series motherboard line based on the Intel 6 Series B3 stepping chipset.
GIGABYTE prides itself in having the highest service quality in the industry, and as such we will resolve this issue with minimal impact on our customers. Should you have any questions, please contact GIGABYTE customer service for further assistance or visit http://www.gigabyte.us for details.
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20