GIGABYTE retrive announcement for Intel 6-series B2 stepping based motherboards
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY has received an official announcement from Intel indicating the Intel 6-Series chipset design error and has implemented a silicon fix. Please see this link for more information: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-032263.htm
As the No.1 motherboard manufacturer, GIGABYTE will make its best effort to recall boards that were built on the mentioned chipsets from our distributors with minimum disruptions.
As of today, we have suspended the entire 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards shipments. According to Intel's production schedule, the 6 Series B3 stepping Express Chipset will be available in volume by April. GIGABYTE will then, based on this shipping schedule, produce new motherboard models with the new B3 stepping.
1. GIGABYTE has stopped shipping and selling all Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards.
2. All GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards are being retrieved from our distributors and dealers.
3. Any sold GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards should be returned and accepted from authorized Gigabyte dealers.
4. The new B3 stepping chipset should be available toward the end of February. GIGABYTE will work with Intel closely to make the new motherboards become available to customers sometime in April.
5. GIGABYTE will introduce a brand-new 6 Series motherboard line based on the Intel 6 Series B3 stepping chipset.
GIGABYTE prides itself in having the highest service quality in the industry, and as such we will resolve this issue with minimal impact on our customers. Should you have any questions, please contact GIGABYTE customer service for further assistance or visit http://www.gigabyte.us for details.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces 10nm production for 2016
- The second Oculus Connect conference hits Hollywood on September 23-25
- BlackBerry slashing jobs, continues shift away from smartphones
- Intel will talk about its 10nm production later this year
- Codemasters delays F1 2015, new release date of July 10
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Unfriended (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Asus F550JK freeze
- TITAN X Artifacts issue
- Just wanted to say Hello.
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling