Proware and Intel First Cooperate Home-based NAS for Next Generation Digital Living Experience
Proware's DN 500 A-CM will raise new digital life experience at Double-A level: Access Remote and Auto Rebuild
Int'l News，Nov 3rd - The global leading RAID solution provider, Proware Technology Corp, today announced its first SOHO level NAS, DN 500A-CM, is available in capacities of a 5-bay system that is small and efficient enough to work in home environments where family members can share digital files. DN 500A-CM is one of Proware's ProNAS family products cooperating with industry leading motherboard provider, Intel. DN 500A-CM is designed to satisfy the growing needs of NAS and bring next generation digital life to home users, especially SOHO and businessman, at Double-A level such as Access Remote and Auto Rebuild.
Families with growing digital media collections on multiple computers find it increasingly difficult to organize and share their music, movies and photos. Home users can easily connect DN 500A-CM through home-based network to centralize their media collections and access files from anywhere in their home, whether mp3 file, media file, video, and even iTunes® server capability allows users to play their music, back up, and share digital data among Windows®, Macintosh, and Linux platforms.
"Proware will leverage its leadership in both RAID and NAS technologies to integrate, deploy and offer this new capability using the Intel MB developed by Intel, which pioneered at market trend of digital entertainment," said by Morris Sun, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Storage Group from Intel, "our company see this as the excellent integration, which can bring to end users a brand new experience at sharing and enjoying."
Data back-up is extremely important whether for businessman or individual users. With Proware's DN 500A-CM high capacity, including free software, so multiple users can simplify and automate a continuous backup process without any manual instruction. That is to say, users choose specific files or folders for backup during the set-up process. Any changes or additions made to files will be updated and backed up in an automatic, easy, and convenience way.
About DN 500A-CM
- Provide online hot spare and data will be auto rebuild after the disk exchange
- Monitor the status of RAID management through front-side LCD panel
- Supports up to five hot-swappable SATA II hard drives
- Adopt Intel Celeron 1.6G (or above) processor and support at1GB ~ 4GB DDR2 533/667MHz SDRAM
- Supports RAID levels 0、1、5、6, 10, Linear(JBOD)
- Standard provides two 1000/100/10Mb/s Ethernet port and support Trunking/load balance/fail over/ LACP (802.3ad) as functions
- Linux based embedded OS design without any installation and use advanced Flex technology
- Provides file access services to multiple users over the LAN, the intranet and / or the internet
- Multi protocol support (TCP / IP, DHCP, Apple Talk, Mac zone, SMB, NFS, CIFS, AFP over TCP / IP)
- Web GUI is easy to usage and management
ProNAS is one of Proware's series total solutions which can satisfy the fast growing needs of SMB, enterprise, and general consumers. Proware's ProNAS family products can provider from 1U 4 bay to 3U 16 bay storage solutions such as NAS(Network Attached Storage), so end users can link to diverse file servers through internet access to read/write the same files to reach the needs of file-sharing. The design of cross-platform can effectively integrate different OS such as Windows, UNIX/Linux, and Apple to tremendously save hardware purchasing cost and provide end users more convenience and easier way for file sharing and enhance the competitive advantage for business level users. Moreover, Tower ProNAS family products are associated with proNAS as management interface to manage, storage, and protection for providing users a more efficiency, stable, and green storage environment.
Price and Availability
Proware's DN 500A-CM is available now at select retailers and please feel free to contact local retailers as if you have any interest.
Since 1994, Proware Technology Corp., a leader in the data storage marketplace, has been developing and supplying high availability, drive ready storage solutions for the channels and OEM customers in the Windows & open systems markets. Proware provides storage products for virtually all areas of the storage market. With a full range of RAID storage products, NAS Solutions & iSCSI Solutions, Proware offers complete solutions for all of your needs. Our products provide all storage interfaces including SAS, SCSI, iSCSI, SATA and Fibre Channel. Proware also offers high availability auto fail-over server (cluster) software that runs on software platforms such as Windows NT, 2000, Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX and etc. Proware is awarded the National Award of Small and Medium Enterprises. For further information, please visit Proware's official site: http://www.proware.com.tw，or visit the official site of international resellers.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now