Active Media Products Ships World's First 64GB SATA DOMs
7-pin 64GB SATA-II DOMs Deliver Transfer Speeds up to 100MB/sec
Fremont, California - January 31, 2011 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of DOMs, small form factor SSDs and USB drives, today announced the world's first 64GB SATA DOM (Disk on Module) drives, which are ideal for servers and embedded computing applications where high reliability is paramount. These DOMs are built with MLC flash to provide outstanding resistance to extreme dust, temperature, shock and vibration. These 64GB DOMs are also less than half the size and a fraction the weight of a 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD, measuring only 2.2 x 1.3 inches (55 x 33 mm).
"These 64GB DOMs demonstate AMP's commitment to developing cutting edge storage solutions," said Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson. "Active Media Products has by far the widest selection of DOM types and the highest capacity DOMs available, and these 64GB offerings extend our leadership even further."
These new DOMs have an industry standard 7-pin SATA header that plugs directly into virtually any motherboard, and is compatible with most operating systems, making them easy to design in to most servers and embedded computing systems. They support sequential read speeds up to 100MB/sec and write speeds up to 42MB/sec. These DOMs deliver unparalleled reliability with built-in features including ECC, wear leveling and bad block management. AMP offers the 64GB DOM with two different connector styles to facilitate different enclosures: Type-1 has the connector to the left side of the drive, while Type-2 has the connector to the right side. Both these 64GB SATA DOMs are available now to OEMs directly from AMP for approximately $259.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience