Logitech Announces Third Quarter Financial Results for FY 2011
Company Delivers Record Revenue, Increases Full-Year Sales Outlook
FREMONT, Calif., Jan. 26, 2011 and MORGES, Switzerland, Jan. 27, 2011 - Logitech International (SIX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI) today announced financial results for the third quarter of Fiscal Year 2011.
Sales for Q3 FY 2011 were $754 million, up 22 percent from $617 million in the same quarter last year. Excluding the unfavorable impact of exchange rate changes, sales increased by 26 percent. Operating income was $76 million, an increase of 30 percent compared to $58 million in the same quarter a year ago. Net income for Q3 was $65 million ($0.36 per share) compared to $57 million ($0.32 per share) in Q3 of FY 2010. Gross margin for Q3 FY 2011 was 36.0 percent, up from 33.9 percent one year ago.
Logitech's retail sales for Q3 FY 2011 grew by 17 percent year over year, with an increase in Asia of 51 percent, an increase in the Americas of 31 percent, and a decrease in EMEA of 1 percent. OEM sales increased by 18 percent. The LifeSize division contributed 5 percentage points to the Company's Q3 FY 2011 sales growth compared to the prior year.
"We are very pleased with our Q3 performance, which included our highest-ever quarterly sales and strong year-over-year growth in both sales and operating income," said Gerald P. Quindlen, Logitech president and chief executive officer. "All of our retail product categories contributed to our sales growth, with double-digit increases in remote controls, pointing devices, video and gaming. OEM sales made a very solid contribution, and the momentum continued for our LifeSize division, which delivered the highest-ever quarterly sales in its history.
"A highlight of the quarter was the launch of Logitech Revue with Google TV and related peripherals. We are confident about the long-term potential of the Google TV platform and look forward to continued enhancements around the platform as we work with Google to push periodic over-the-air software updates."
For Fiscal Year 2011, ending March 31, 2011, Logitech has increased its sales outlook from the previous range of $2.35 to $2.4 billion to the new range of $2.4 to $2.42 billion. The target for operating income for the full year remains in the range of $170 to $180 million. Expected gross margin continues to be approximately 36 percent. The expected tax rate has been lowered to approximately 14 percent.
Earnings Teleconference and Webcast
Logitech will hold an earnings teleconference on Thursday, Jan. 27, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and 14:30 Central European Time. A live webcast of the call, along with presentation slides, will be available on the Logitech corporate Web site at http://ir.logitech.com.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- Explore ancient virus' with the Internet Archives malware museum
- SEGA is listening to the Dreamcast 2 pitch, seems receptive
- Assassin's Creed Identity is a bite sized parkour playland
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform